PDA

View Full Version : Did I commit Sin???

nickburns
October 6th, 2007, 08:23 PM
I set up an old computer for someone today. They had to have dial up (because they are poor) so I had to set up a 56k modem.

I don't have a analog phone line, only vonage internet phone. So I hooked into my ip phone to test.

So what it a sin to go:

Old Computer >> 56k Modem >> Analog Phone Line >> IP Phone >> High Speed Internet connection >> Internet >> Vontage Hub to dial up ISP.

I feel that it must be wrong...Do I need to see my Bishop / Priest / Some other clergy member?

(I did work great though)

Gremlinzzz
October 6th, 2007, 08:29 PM
No you did not sin its only a sin if you get caught.

p_quarles
October 6th, 2007, 08:30 PM
It's your bandwidth, and I can't imagine how such a setup would break any laws. The only possible problem would be if there's anything in Vonage's EULA that prohibits this.

nickburns
October 6th, 2007, 08:35 PM
p_quarles, it is not a matter of a legal problem, but a moral problem. All that technology and speed to test a modem - it made me fill all dirty inside... :)

southernman
October 6th, 2007, 08:56 PM
click your heels three times and ... er wait, that's for something else, n'ermind

forrestcupp
October 6th, 2007, 09:32 PM
It's not any worse than me running a Commodore 64 emulator on my Athlon 64 3500.

n3tfury
October 6th, 2007, 09:36 PM
No you did not sin its only a sin if you get caught.

it's only a sin if you believe in such a thing.

Kingsley
October 6th, 2007, 09:39 PM
LMAO wut?

n3tfury
October 6th, 2007, 09:46 PM
LMAO wut?

you talking to me?

Gremlinzzz
October 6th, 2007, 09:51 PM
.Do I need to see my Bishop / Priest / Some other clergy member?
if you do don't go alone and make em keep the door open.

eph1973
October 6th, 2007, 09:54 PM
Old Computer >> 56k Modem >> Analog Phone Line >> IP Phone >> High Speed Internet connection >> Internet >> Vontage Hub to dial up ISP.

No. It would only be a sin if you Old Computer>>56k Modem>>Analog Phone Line>>Satellite Phone>>Cell Phone>>HAM Radio>>Skype>>IP Phone>>High Speed Internet connection>>Internet>>Vontage HUB to dial up ISP

Disclaimer: This is not a serious reply. I am not even sure the above is technically possible.

|Eric|
October 7th, 2007, 01:26 AM
Old Computer>>56k Modem>>Analog Phone Line>>Satellite Phone>>Cell Phone>>HAM Radio>>Skype>>IP Phone>>MediaConverter>>fibre>>Mediaconverter>>switch>>portable(avec linux)>>routeur sansfil du voisin(avecpermission)>>ton routeur sanfil>>High Speed Internet connection>>Internet>>Vontage HUB to dial up ISP

this might be a problem....

p_quarles
October 7th, 2007, 01:33 AM
Old Computer>>56k Modem>>Analog Phone Line>>Satellite Phone>>Cell Phone>>HAM Radio>>Skype>>IP Phone>>MediaConverter>>fibre>>Mediaconverter>>switch>>portable(avec linux)>>routeur sansfil du voisin(avecpermission)>>ton routeur sanfil>>High Speed Internet connection>>Internet>>Vontage HUB to dial up ISP

this might be a problem....
Just to make that slightly more ridiculous, you could add a step where you take a USB thumb across town on the subway. :)

(For those who don't speak French, "avec"="with," "du voisin"="belonging to your neighbor," "ton"="your," and I'm guessing that "sansfil"="wireless."

SpiritIsReality
October 7th, 2007, 01:44 AM
howdy

good one

buds

IMPORTANT :

just like three shots in the air ... they come on the run ... well as fast as they can without any undue noise ... stealth cell phones/blackberries/allyoucanpackwhatchamacallitsh olysmoke !!! oops, I didn't go to the other forum before I clicked paste...