PDA

View Full Version : Undeserved warning

expert01
October 6th, 2007, 07:17 AM
Dear expert01,

You have received a warning at Ubuntu Forums.

Reason:
-------
Insulted Other Member(s)

And lastly, if you can't be bothered to read a full post, then you really shouldn't even respond to a topic. That's akin to reading the first page of a book and writing a review about the book for a newspaper.

If you feel that another poster has insulted you, then go to the Resolution Center (under Forums Feedback and Help) instead of tossing an insult back. You have received a warning and not an infraction. If you feel this warning is unfair, then you go there too.

Sef
-------

Original Post:

um, this may also come as a shock, but Searching for Ubuntu automatically converting NTFS during installation (http://www.google.com/search?q=ubuntu+automatically+convert+ntfs+install ation&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=com.ubuntu:en-US:official&client=firefox-a) doesn't bring up anything. Nor did I find anything on the wiki. Second thing, I'm using a beta OS so that I can jump in on the latest technology, and I'm not complaining. I am posting my experience, and offering constructive criticism. I assume that some developers read the Experiences forum occasionally for feedback on their work. All criticism in the topic was about minor improvements that should be done before it's declared final, from the viewpoint of someone who hasn't installed Ubuntu before (The only distro I've used is CentOS for Trixbox). And lastly, if you can't be bothered to read a full post, then you really shouldn't even respond to a topic. That's akin to reading the first page of a book and writing a review about the book for a newspaper.

Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
Ubuntu Forums

I fail to see how I insulted anyone in my topic. I gave my opinion on his actions and provided a comparison to put it in prospective.

matthew
October 10th, 2007, 01:05 PM
You did come off a bit grumpy. Whether that was intentional or not, I can see why the warning was issued. Since it was not an actual infraction, let's just call it even--you try not to sound grumpy, and we will keep trying not to issue warnings/infractions unnecessarily.

:)