PDA

View Full Version : Screen resize utility

7bigjohn
October 4th, 2007, 08:16 PM
I was wondering if anyone knew of a good utility that exists that can change the actual screen size (not resolution) for my Display. Nvidia has one for Windows and I've seen 2 in Linux MCE. I'm using a 57" Hitachi projection screen TV and the video is streched way past the ends of the screen. This is the best Mythtv Distro I'v seen yet and a utility like this is the only thing that would make it perfect. Thanks

Haegin
October 4th, 2007, 09:01 PM
If you are using a TV output to the projector it is normally the overscan that you need to adjust. If you are using the normal analogue PC output then the only thing I can think of is adjusting settings on the projector.

7bigjohn
October 4th, 2007, 09:27 PM
Sorry...I should have stated that I was using the DVI output on my Nvidia 7600 card at 720P. I've seen utilities like this in other distro's but could never find the name of them.

superm1
October 5th, 2007, 12:13 AM
Sorry...I should have stated that I was using the DVI output on my Nvidia 7600 card at 720P. I've seen utilities like this in other distro's but could never find the name of them.
When using DVI, you can't typically adjust the overscan like that.

Your best bet is to go into the Frontend's Settings->Appearance menu. You can change the size that myth is allowed to occupy from within there.

7bigjohn
October 5th, 2007, 04:59 PM
Thanks superm1. I'll give it a try.