PDA

View Full Version : MSN & AOL in Ubuntu?

drummer
August 14th, 2005, 12:54 AM
I don't know if anyone else thinks this is strange, but if a member of the forums has an MSN of AOL contact address, the popup that comes up when you click to contact them requires you to have MSN/Windows messenger or AOL instant messenger installed to use the provided links. I know you could just copy the email there and add it to your contact list, but it just seems strange to have links requiring Windows software to be installed in a Linux forum :-P

Is this worth noting (and changing)? or does it depend on the vBulletin software? I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find and change the bits of code if someone knew what they were doing... (I myself don't).

autocrosser
August 14th, 2005, 01:09 AM
YA--way too weird--Gaim should be default--sounds like a "minor" change is in order---:)

TuxPeng
March 27th, 2007, 01:05 AM
I don't know if anyone else thinks this is strange, but if a member of the forums has an MSN of AOL contact address, the popup that comes up when you click to contact them requires you to have MSN/Windows messenger or AOL instant messenger installed to use the provided links. I know you could just copy the email there and add it to your contact list, but it just seems strange to have links requiring Windows software to be installed in a Linux forum :-P

Is this worth noting (and changing)? or does it depend on the vBulletin software? I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find and change the bits of code if someone knew what they were doing... (I myself don't).

roflmmfao! :-D xD