PDA

View Full Version : call of duty

Hightide
September 28th, 2007, 11:21 AM
HI All

tried to intall COD1 via wine on 6.10. CD1 works fine but wont let me intall CD2.

any ideas

regards

Sockerdrickan
September 28th, 2007, 12:51 PM
What does it say?

cogadh
September 28th, 2007, 02:12 PM
Call of Duty can't be installed normally through Wine. You can get around the CD switch problem by entering "wine eject D:" in a terminal, but the install will fail completely when you have to switch back to the first CD. There is a Loki installer script that can install the game for you, you can get it here (right-click the link and "Save link as"):
http://mirrors.reallan.net/pub/games/liflg/Call%20of%20Duty/call.of.duty_1.5-english.run

Hightide
September 28th, 2007, 02:30 PM
HI Guys

thanks for that

regards

cogadh
September 28th, 2007, 03:10 PM
Almost forgot, after the install completes, you will likely get a "wine is not in your PATH" error when you try to run the codsp or codmp launch scripts. You can get around it by running the script with bash instead os "sh" or "./".

bash codsp

Hightide
September 28th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Thanks for that.

im new to Ubuntu. can you tell me next steps after downloading the loki installer?

much obliged

Sockerdrickan
September 28th, 2007, 03:33 PM
You don't need loki installer, I didn't

cogadh
September 28th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Okay, first you need to make the script executable. Open a terminal and run this:

chmod +x call.of.duty_1.5-english.run
The script requires the libgtk 1.2 package if you don't already have it installed, run this:

sudo apt-get install libgtk1.2
Then put in the first CoD cd, change directories to wherever you downloaded the script and run the installer like this:

./call.of.duty_1.5-english.run
You can accept the default install options. The installer will likely produce one warning (Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library) and one error (ERROR: No matching delta for /home/<username>/cod/Main/pak0.pk3), both can be ignored. Once the installer completes, change directories to the game's install directory (default is "/home/<username>/cod") and run the game like this:

bash codsp
For multiplayer, run this:

bash codmp
That should be it.

You don't need loki installer, I didn't
How did you get past the error after the second CD swap? That one still occurs for me and it prevents the single player game from running. I think multiplayer might work, but that doesn't really matter since PunkBuster can't work anyway. Whatever caused the error also prevents me from updating the game to 1.5 or installing the United Offensive expansion pack.

Hightide
September 28th, 2007, 11:06 PM
Hi

superb advice. Game running well.

i am indebted to you.

regards

go_beep_yourself
November 24th, 2007, 06:50 PM
Call of Duty can't be installed normally through Wine. You can get around the CD switch problem by entering "wine eject D:" in a terminal, but the install will fail completely when you have to switch back to the first CD. There is a Loki installer script that can install the game for you, you can get it here (right-click the link and "Save link as"):
http://mirrors.reallan.net/pub/games/liflg/Call%20of%20Duty/call.of.duty_1.5-english.run

Which other Call of Duties can run native in Linux? That would be nice, but I don't think COD4 can.

Sockerdrickan
November 24th, 2007, 07:51 PM
Who said COD4 can?

finito
November 24th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Who said COD4 can?

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=9699

hikaricore
November 24th, 2007, 10:41 PM
I may be mistaken. But i dont believe any of them have native ports...

Sockerdrickan
November 25th, 2007, 12:54 AM
Like hikaricore said that is nowhere near native :P

woody123
December 12th, 2008, 06:40 PM
i also had this problem - from what i have gathered you use the first cd, use the command 'wine eject' use the second cd eject then works, and then im stuck - this is as far as i can get- please help me (im new to ubuntu)