PDA

View Full Version : install problems

Vegardlu
September 20th, 2007, 06:37 PM
hi

I have installed ubuntu on my computer after a few tries. the live CD was VERY slow, my computer was working poorly while using it.

the first few times I tried ubuntu it was working decent (not good, and with wrong screen resolution, not possible to chose the native one)

but now, every time I boot ubuntu, my computer freeze at the enter username screen. what can I do?

I also have vista installed on another harddisk, but now I cant find that instalation. I have looked up on how to dualboot, but to do that I need to be able to go into ubuntu, something I cant.

jonathonblake
September 21st, 2007, 04:27 AM
the first few times I tried ubuntu it was working decent (not good, and with wrong screen resolution, not possible to chose the native one)

I'm trying to figure out how a11y enters into your question.

If the Braille Display is at the wrong resolution, then you have a major hardware problem with that unit.

If it is a standard video monitor, then:
* What desktop manager are you using;
* What Windows manager are you using;
* What video card is installed;
* What video drivers are installed;
* How much Video RAM do you have;

but now, every time I boot ubuntu, my computer freeze at the enter username screen. what can I do?

Are you using a screen reader?
Are you using a Braille Display Unit?
Or are you using some other a11y output device?

Are you using a Perkins Keyboard?
Are you using a Joystick/button device for input?
Are you using an Eye Tracking system for input?
Are you using Voice input?
Or are you using some other a11y device for input?

I have looked up on how to dualboot, but to do that I need to be able to go into ubuntu, something I cant.

">Start >Accessories >Terminal"
Then edit GRUB using Sudo.

xan

jonathon

frafu
September 21st, 2007, 08:05 PM
@Vegardlu

I cannot find any real reference to Assistive Technology in your post. Could you please tell me whether your problem is related to software to help disabled people?

In fact, I wonder whether you are not having a problem with the installation of Ubuntu and if so, you would have a better chance to find help in the forum about installations. If this is the case, please tell me so, and I will move this thread to the "Installations & Upgrades" forum.

Cheers

Francesco