PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft are the Gou'ld

Kzap333
September 18th, 2007, 07:15 AM
For anyone who as seen stargate what do you think of the analigy if you have not seen stargate.

The Gou'ld are an evil power hungry rase of beings who steal other peoples technology and claim it as there own in order to pose as God (to keep people to follow them).

Now replace the word Gou'ld with Microsoft and tinker abit with the aove sentence and I think you get a good discrption of Microsoft.

Celegorm
September 18th, 2007, 07:23 AM
Now replace the word Gou'ld with Microsoft and tinker abit with the aove sentence and I think you get a good discrption of Microsoft.

Eerie...

awakatanka
September 18th, 2007, 07:47 AM
For anyone who as seen stargate what do you think of the analigy if you have not seen stargate.

The Gou'ld are an evil power hungry rase of beings who steal other peoples technology and claim it as there own in order to pose as God (to keep people to follow them).

I get that feeling also with Apple

mech7
September 18th, 2007, 07:47 AM
get a life nerd :lolflag:

karellen
September 18th, 2007, 08:54 AM
microsoft is microsoft. and they are for real ;)

towerofpower256
September 18th, 2007, 09:13 AM
So... does that mean that Microsoft Security has Staff weapons? I wonder when the Open Source Zat'ni'katel comes out.

SunnyRabbiera
September 18th, 2007, 09:17 AM

The Borg and the Daleks are simular to Microsoft:

The borg: basically takes anything and anyone they want on a quest for perfection, they dont just steal technology though they steal lives.

The Daleks: Using any means to conquer the universe, mass murder and stealing technology is not below them, its the will to conquer that makes MS similar to the Daleks

but if there is one thing that Microsoft might be most like its actually the Martians from H.G. Wells classic, the war of the worlds.
The Martians had a thirst for conquest, wiping out any one in their way and sucking the blood out of those who were not fried by their heat ray.
But in the end it was simple bacteria that killed the Martians, as the Martians yes had conquered sickness on their own world forgot that there are sicknesses here too and due to their arrogance they paid dearly for it...
Just like you pay dearly whenever windows is infected by one of the bazillion vulnerabilities it has!
But yeh MS looks big and mighty but with the slightest mistake it will fall faster then a Martian tripod with just one leg and a Martian pilot who is about ready to die from something harmless to humans but deadly for him

mikeypizano
September 18th, 2007, 05:35 PM
Hallowed are the Linux!

Nano Geek
September 18th, 2007, 06:00 PM
I get that feeling also with AppleExcept Apple rarely buys technology from others. Usually it creates it itself.

teh'p3nsi0n3r
September 18th, 2007, 06:25 PM
So... does that mean that Microsoft Security has Staff weapons? I wonder when the Open Source Zat'ni'katel comes out.

:lolflag: haha that last part made me laugh.

Depressed Man
September 18th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Hallowed are the Linux!

Merlin will destroy you.

mikeypizano
September 18th, 2007, 08:51 PM
Merlin is weak ;) haha

Kzap333
September 19th, 2007, 05:34 PM
This is not a very good analigy but Microsoft are the Gou'ld (EVIL)
Mac are the Tok'ra (good but not perfect)
Unix are the Ancents (super good super old)
Linux are Tari.
Oh and BSD are the Furlings (they crop up how and then but I have yet to see them no anfence if you are a BSD user)

Kimm
September 19th, 2007, 06:25 PM
This is not a very good analigy but Microsoft are the Gou'ld (EVIL)
Mac are the Tok'ra (good but not perfect)
Unix are the Ancents (super good super old)
Linux are Tari.
Oh and BSD are the Furlings (they crop up how and then but I have yet to see them no anfence if you are a BSD user)

No no no

Microsoft are the Ori (über evil, forcing their believes onto others)
Mac are the Goa'uld
Sun are the Asgard
Linux are the Ancients
Unix are the Nox.

tszanon
September 19th, 2007, 06:37 PM
but if there is one thing that Microsoft might be most like its actually the Martians from H.G. Wells classic, the war of the worlds.
Noooo! I can't believe you just told me how the movie ends!!! [-X

Kzap333
September 19th, 2007, 06:50 PM
No no no

Microsoft are the Ori (über evil, forcing their believes onto others)
Mac are the Goa'uld
Sun are the Asgard
Linux are the Ancients
Unix are the Nox.
Yea I just like the idea of Microsoft as the Gou'ld they may be as big as the Ori but they steal technology like the Gou'ld and claim it as there own the Ori actually make the technology.
I like the other apart from Mac as the Gou'ld the thing is MAC are as bad as Micrsoft but at least there stuff actually works.
I mean if I was going to go away from M$ like I did and wanted something better I would not pay more for a MAC I would pay less for LINUX.

Ultra Magnus
September 19th, 2007, 07:38 PM
Except Apple rarely buys technology from others. Usually it creates it itself.

lol - Oh you weren't joking

Kzap333
September 19th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Ultra Magnus just put of qurisoity your name would not have anything to do with Sanctuary would it???

superpenguin79
September 19th, 2007, 08:26 PM
:lolflag: this is great...

glupee
September 19th, 2007, 08:38 PM
LMAO!
great thread!

jgrabham
September 19th, 2007, 08:59 PM

I dont watch stargate... I have a life

MS are the borg though.

Aww crap, just shot myself in the foot didn't I? :]