PDA

View Full Version : Knight Online with Wine

vacman1
September 8th, 2007, 04:14 PM
Have no idea what I'm doing.. trying to learn, but here is what i did do...

Installed Wine...
Installed KnightOnline Client using Wine to same drive that I'm running Ubuntu on
Installation was succesfull, heck even the initial game screen loads.... but that's where the trouble begins.
I'm sure that I haven't done this properly, but it seems that this game will work with Wine. Can anyone give me some pointers? thanks

Attached is a screenshot of the error i get. :)

MaximB
September 8th, 2007, 06:51 PM
Yeah, I used to play this game when I was using windows, about 2 years ago.
it really got me stuck to M$, but I got over it.
it is tricky to get this game running via wine, I also posted a thread about this - but none has any success with that.

may I suggest Regnum online ? ;)
it has a native Linux client and this game also free and rocks !
http://www.regnumonline.com.ar/index.php?l=1&ref=undefined

zzzzzZZZZzzz
September 8th, 2007, 07:37 PM
The game security is not going to play nice with wine. They use, what Is it now, xtrap most recently? I doubt you'll find much luck getting it to run :/

Be sure to try tho :P

vacman1
September 13th, 2007, 07:46 AM
Yeah, I used to play this game when I was using windows, about 2 years ago.
it really got me stuck to M$, but I got over it.
it is tricky to get this game running via wine, I also posted a thread about this - but none has any success with that.

may I suggest Regnum online ? ;)
it has a native Linux client and this game also free and rocks !
http://www.regnumonline.com.ar/index.php?l=1&ref=undefined

Checked out Regnum...great game! runs a little slow for me... and of course no sound (although i can now hear cd's etc.)

Just need to get my friends to switch!

Thanks for the recommendation!

h4mx0r
January 23rd, 2008, 09:29 PM
no sound? regnum online sound effects and music have worked fine for me long before your september post. Its difficult to get it installed with ubuntu 7.10 though you need to add something to its path otherwise it crashes.

Bwathke
July 11th, 2009, 07:50 PM
I got an error too but totally different something with vital error for Launcher.exe I suggest Last Chaos or Silkroad for Silkroad you need windows version of Mozilla to do it though.

jakejake678
October 18th, 2009, 09:18 PM
there IS a way to get it on Ubuntu, and its fairly simple.
1. download and install client
2. find a private server (sadly, thats the only way.)
3. enjoy!
4. you may have to downgrade the version, because the game used to run fine in wine :guitar:

RivoRahuoja
November 15th, 2010, 06:16 PM
hello ,
im kinda rookie in it and i just got ubuntu for myself ..
so can someone explain me step by step how could i make Knight Online work , it doesnt matter if its private or not , im having the same problem which the first guy had ..