PDA

View Full Version : Supermemo

peterbrewer
September 6th, 2007, 09:21 PM
Is there an app like supermemo for linux, or has anyone succeeded in running it wine.

boiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggg
September 11th, 2007, 03:42 PM
There are a few: MemAid, Mnemosyne, Rememorizer, but none of them are nearly as widely supported as SuperMemo.

It's a shame, because a strong SuperMemo-like program could do so much better on open source if it had more support. Imagine how large the database would be for flashcards then, especially if it was compatible with sites like Quizlet!

berget
April 23rd, 2008, 05:16 PM
I checked out the different memory-algorithm programs for Linux:

MemAid is discontinued - split off into commercial software FullRecall and MnemoSyne

Rememorizer - is cross-platform, which is good, but looks like something from the early 90's with light blue and black colours all over.

MnemoSyne - is available from the add/remove menu in Ubuntu, effortless install, looks very good, but doesn't have a lot of available memory packages (f.ex. "basic spanish" etc). Still, I think this looks like the best candidate, I'm gonna go for this one.

sorazer
April 25th, 2008, 07:38 PM
Try Anki: http://ichi2.net/anki/

It's a cross-platform qt app and has deb packages ready.
Anki is quite feature rich, some things I haven't seen in other such programs so far, give it a spin.
Personally I think it's much better than SuperMemo ever was, I have come to adore it... ;-)

OsakaWilson
June 8th, 2008, 03:25 AM
Anki looks like it has potential, but I got as far as it asking me for a sample deck and not knowing where to find one. The webpage isn't much help and the tutorial said I should make my own cards.

LexLuthor08
June 19th, 2008, 04:16 PM
I am trying out supermemo at the moment. I think it's a very powerful software.

When I came across this thread, I also downloaded Anki. I admit it looks much more neat than sm, but there are some functions that I could not find there.

For example, in anki i couldn't find "graphic occlusions" (placing a rectangle over a part of the picture and asking whats beneath), which has become my major way to study certain structures in supermemo.

anyway, I think the supermemo guys really know what they are doing, they have years of experiance. Just look at the website of supermemo, there are hundreds of articles, explaining how memory works, how you should write down information and stuff. its really helpful even without the program.

Sylslay
October 11th, 2010, 09:40 AM
http://peterandlinda.com/kwordquiz/
Something for lerning words with ready flashcards: German,Dutch, Italian, Spanish. About 2000 words each.