PDA

View Full Version : Ashen Empires

Aishiko
September 5th, 2007, 10:12 AM
Has anyone gotten Ashen Empires to run under WINE? I get it to the point where I should be able to click on run or patch but both buttons are greyed out.

Aishiko
September 5th, 2007, 10:15 AM
I just found out it was because I didn't highlight if I wanted to play the old version or the new version. Under windoze it was auto chossen to the newer engine. And I jsut didn't notice :P

hikaricore
September 5th, 2007, 10:46 AM
Not much info on the game: http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iVersionId=5649

If you have any luck please add your info the the WINE Application Database entry. ^_^

ELD
September 5th, 2007, 11:14 AM
I really should add my info to the entry but it confuses me.

It used to work fine for me, but now when i click on a server it gives me an error asking me to choose server :(

Aishiko
September 5th, 2007, 11:44 AM
Ohh OK I'm patching it right now so this evening after class I'll let you know how it goes.

Aishiko
September 6th, 2007, 01:46 AM
OK the situation is now I get to the chosse server screen and it gives me a login error and tells me to chosse a server and then it won't let me.

so anyone with experience in making games work under wine that could assist I'd appreciate, the help as I have no idea how to tweeak it at all.

ELD
September 6th, 2007, 01:36 PM
That is the same error that i get, which really sucks as it is a pretty cool game.

Mabye we should get a load of users to ask on there forums for a linux port hehe.

Aishiko
September 9th, 2007, 09:26 PM
nah knowing he devs at ironwill that will never happen.

Scotttttto
December 17th, 2007, 11:08 PM
I had Ashen Empires running under Cedega until i upgraded from 7.04 to 7.10. Not it won't work at all.

As for Wine, it would not work in 7.04 but in 7.10 i can choose the server but then i get told there is an error and to re-select the server which i cannot do.

Some posts on wine that i have read suggest that the 'host' file doesn't contain the proper IP address but i don't feel confident of modifying that file...

It would be nice to have this game working again :-)

Scotttttto
December 18th, 2007, 12:18 AM
Success!

I followed this post exactly

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=149585&highlight=wine+net+access

Which resulted in a failure, but i then selected the automatic update for wine and now Ashen Empires works. Weird work-around but its all good :-)

Edit: Well....it worked once....it hasnt worked again.

Scotttttto
December 23rd, 2007, 10:09 AM
Just found out there is an issue with the new client.

If anyone has a problem selecting their sever, you need to close (alt-f4) the login client before the server select screen or you will get "Unable to connect to server - Please try again[2]" messages.