PDA

View Full Version : Total Annihilation wont work on wine!

Psyco_Chipmunk
August 27th, 2007, 06:27 PM
I try to install it from the disk bye opening the setup.exe file with wine then the thing comes up saying if i want to install. I click the install thing and it starts to install, but when it gets to the end, it says "Install Failed! Unable to find readme.txt."

Whats wrong?

Quicky
August 31st, 2007, 01:18 PM
I have exactly the same problem. Not much help, but at least you know it's not just you.

cogadh
August 31st, 2007, 01:38 PM
This may be one of those rare occasions when you need to cd to the install disk before running the setup from the terminal:

cd /media/cdrom0
wine setup.exe

may88
August 3rd, 2008, 09:23 PM
Hi, just played TA under ubuntu 8.04.
I did not install it from scratch under wine but had a clean install on a windows box which I mounted and run directly from the mount.

I'd followed the TA Universe FAQ to build the perfect TA install. I have OTA,CC & BT so installed these and then patched to 3.1c, 500 unit patch and then no-cd patch.

Still I had a few issues. I had to run with wine totala.exe -d
this starts a 800x600 frameless window - at this res there is a problem with the mouse. The pointer is displayed lower than where the click happens. Knowning this it is then possible to change the visuals to match your screen native resolution and then when you actually play the mouse is fine. Only tried with Single player skirmish.