PDA

View Full Version : Can firefox be crashed? someone help test with me..

nowshining
August 26th, 2007, 11:49 PM
one of you test this out for me to confirm it's a firefox bug esp. those with the official build and to see if it's not on my computer only and can report it as a bug..

fire we need to create a new profile for testing - don't worry going back to the old profile if it does happen to you will fix it..anyway

open up a terminal - make sure firefox is closed

type or copy and paste

firefox -profilemanager

hit enter

Create Profile and name it test or whatever

when done make sure that the new profile is highlighted

Press Start firefox

go to edit - preferences - content

by size set it to 10

by default font sroll to the bottom font and select it - last font

then with the up arrow on your keyboard keep it pressed -

Does firefox exit on you? does trying to open up firefox via terminal give you a floating point error? and another one when you go back to your profile but diff.??

to go back to your old profile in the terminal

firefox -profilemanager

highlight your last profile you were using, if you just opened up firefox and went from there then it's called default..

I want to make sure this is a bug with firefox 2.0.0.6 def. before posting a bug report on forums - I am also asking because I installed other fonts from other sites I found FREE fonts on the net with google trying to find other good fonts to use and it could be just my side..

if so please please post your findings to help me..

hanzomon4
August 27th, 2007, 12:05 AM
What doesn't crash firefox, I flinched the other day and firefox burned my house down.

happysmileman
August 27th, 2007, 12:10 AM
Everything crashes firefox, I think it's more important to make it so that i cna open new tabs without wondering whether it'll quit or click two links in quick successsiong in different tabs

FuturePilot
August 27th, 2007, 12:19 AM
No crashing here. I'm using the latest Ubuntu Firefox on Feisty 2.0.0.6

mikewhatever
August 27th, 2007, 12:47 AM
What doesn't crash firefox, I flinched the other day and firefox burned my house down.
Last week, Firefox and Opera on my laptop teamed together, doubled their efforts and crashed so hard, it caused a minor earthquake in the region. I am glad there is no other browser installed.

Polygon
August 27th, 2007, 12:53 AM
flash seems to crash the browser, like it just vanishes. But thats only when i have like 3 flash things running lol

tcpip4lyfe
August 27th, 2007, 02:43 PM
Just watch 10 youtube videos. Chances are one of them will crash firefox.

fuscia
August 27th, 2007, 02:45 PM
Just watch 3 youtube videos.

fixed it for you.

PrimoTurbo
August 27th, 2007, 02:50 PM
I haven't tried that but for me Firefox is very stable both on Linux and Windows. If it ever crashes it's because of some java freezing the browser which rarley happens anyways.

FuturePilot
August 27th, 2007, 03:57 PM
Just watch 1 youtube videos. Chances are one of them will crash firefox.
Fixed again:p
Sometimes that's all it takes for it to freeze on me.](*,)

cmat
August 27th, 2007, 03:59 PM
Firefox never crashed on me until flash came along :(

nowshining
August 27th, 2007, 05:34 PM
lolz.... :P but I use a hosts file - long very 340 thousand + sites blocked via a hosts file and the new one put by yahoo I found a few days ago, and my system runs just fine anyway i have very rare crashes via java and crud like that, however blocking crud ads seems to help, oh and ads only effect speed of slow internet users like dialup - if you have highspeed then it's just the annoying part. Okay with the hosts file I used to block via downloading others hosts files and incorporating them into mine, but since I Switched I need to get hostsman to work with the hostsfile because it cleans up the doubles, otherwise I'd have dups... so until I somehow think of how to get it to work thru wine to update and use that hosts file (works fine itself thru wine)- i have to manually input them... :)

Lster
August 27th, 2007, 05:42 PM
It has only crashed when watching Youtube for me. It happens less than 1 in 10 for me, though...

st33med
August 27th, 2007, 07:32 PM
Anything can be crashed, no matter how stable it is.

Extreme Coder
August 27th, 2007, 10:41 PM
Just use firefox normally.Chances are it will crash when it feels like it.
Fixed.

BrewBelly
August 28th, 2007, 03:33 AM
Yes,
Fietsy can crash Firefox with a quickness... pretty amazing actually, even windows can't. I think it had to do with viewing videos, but it crashes other times as well.. whatever, just another unpolished "feature" of Ubuntu.

nowshining
August 29th, 2007, 07:32 AM
like i said before firefox incl. with ubuntu sucks example if I didn't mention it before trying opening up a link - NO MATTER WHAT it OPENS up IN A NEW WINDOW, the main build firefox gets rid of that, and there is NO option to change that, soo u should get ubuntuzilla and download the main build - then you can do updates until updates are no more...