PDA

View Full Version : Dietitians and nutritionists?

RedNikon
August 16th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Anyone out there that is or is working on becoming a dietitian or nutritionist. If so I am looking for some help/comments/experiance. One of my goals is to lose weight and comform to AF standards. I have posted my first entry relating to food and would like someone to take a look. It is posted on my new blog site, and I will be making daily/mealy (is that even a word) updates. Thanks in advance.

Lunch today (http://geekgrowth.com/?q=node/4)

beckham
August 20th, 2007, 08:29 AM
Walking and skipping can help you loose much of your weight. Try it out.:lolflag:

castlefox
October 7th, 2008, 06:25 PM
You could try to make a list on an excel sheet to track what you are eating.

I would also like to parrot what other other person said. Everyone that I have know that has stuck to eating less and exercise has worked.

I think keeping track of your diet and exercise can be important though.

I personally have a large calendar where I can see the entire month on the table in my room. I write on the calender if I work out and put a +1 if it was a mild workout and +2 if it was intermediate and so on. (Weight lifting is important but I seem to lose more weight when I am doing cardio for 20+ minutes)

I also write on the calender +1 for eating healthy and -1 for eating something sweet or fast food. And then on Sunday I would weight myself on the scale I have at home.

Some weeks I did not lose weight when I thought I should be losing more and then I look at the previous two weeks or so and then I realize that I ate more than I should have or took some extra days off from working out.

The thing the gets most people that start working out is that it takes 4-6 weeks to START seeing a physical change. I mean there might be little changes but by then most people give up on their working out and go back to being a couch potato and eating more than they really should.

I have also started drinking tea and I have heard that it helps with losing weight but I am not sure if science can back that up. But is sure is yummy.

I was watching Diggnation and Kevin on the show was talking about a book he was reading something like glycemic load. In a nutshell it basically has a list of example foods on it and you can see how fast the body converts the food in the stomach into sugar into the bloodstream. When a big spike of sugar happens the body sees that the sugar is not being used and start converting it into fat. IDK accurate it working in practice however but it might be worth checking out.

Good luck