View Full Version : Warcraft III on Lan

July 28th, 2005, 03:30 PM

i have installed Warcraft III with cedega and it works fine...
but i'd like to play in lan with my friends... They use Windows, i'm the only one with Linux and i can see the servers they create in the selecting menu and they don't see the server i create..

what's happening???

Warcraft III works fine on lan with cedega???

Sorry for my english...

July 28th, 2005, 07:15 PM
do you have the same version of warcraft as your friends? I have had the same problem on windows some times and then it's fixed after a patch...

July 29th, 2005, 06:30 PM
Problem solved :-)

with Frozen Throne it runs great :-)

January 20th, 2008, 01:18 AM
Ok... I had this problem for a long time, looked through a lot of forums and I finally fixed it... I think this might be the problem for most of you so here's my solution.

Click on the Networking configuration on the notification area and manually configure it, on Gusty, I think it is set to roaming mode by default -.- so change it to dhcp. that should help you.

February 17th, 2009, 05:17 AM
I'm having this problem as well, on Frozen Throne. It has happened twice now, but it makes twice also the times that I have tried to host a LAN warcraft game. Once I tried at home, with the connection set to static ip, which I knew it worked then, and works now, because I could do any other sort of thing in the internet. That happened long ago. The second time, today's afternoon, we were at school, and I hosted a game; my pal couldn't see it. He, for a change, hosted the game; I couldn't see it this time.

Well, anyway, I guess I'll just cp this to the bugs.winehq.org, because they are the ones that can do the most.

Maybe I just posted here to let the world know, through this--now popular--ubuntu forums.

May 8th, 2009, 06:35 PM
are your friends same with your version??? if not u can upgrade it using an expansion or download it in internet......:guitar: