PDA

View Full Version : What is your primary os, i.e. the one that you prefer the most?

GoneWithTheWind
August 1st, 2007, 10:09 PM
What is your primary os, i.e. the one that you use the most when it's your choice to use it?

Why?

bread eyes
August 1st, 2007, 10:25 PM
Over what span of time?

Hex_Mandos
August 1st, 2007, 10:27 PM
Ubuntu, since last december.

joep
August 1st, 2007, 10:28 PM
Linux Ubuntu with Gnome. Think Amorok is the best music player. But don't like KDE.

Paul820
August 1st, 2007, 10:30 PM
I voted linux, Ubuntu specifically. Why? It just feels, looks( after tweaking :) ) and performs better for me than windows xp ever did. Everything i want is in the repositories. In 4 months i have not had a crash, not had to reboot after every install of a program, not had a virus, no spyware. Just a more enjoyable computing experience. I am on my laptop more doing more than i ever did on windows.

Espreon
August 1st, 2007, 10:31 PM
My primary OS is Sabayon Linux (using the KDE session). I am gonna put Ubuntu Feisty and Gutsy in vms to keep my skills sharp (I still like Ubuntu, and still wanna use it, that is what vms are for).

Adamant1988
August 1st, 2007, 10:33 PM
I think that was a silly question to ask on these forums expecting a reasonable result. Haha.

"well, over 90% of ubuntu forums members prefer Linux"

Right now I'm a windows user, in a couple of months I'll be a Mac user.

walkerk
August 1st, 2007, 10:35 PM
Linux. My only OS. I get enough MS at work.

Kingsley
August 1st, 2007, 10:37 PM
Ubuntu, since last december.

popch
August 1st, 2007, 10:39 PM
I think that was a silly question to ask on these forums expecting a reasonable result. Haha.

I agree.

Nonetheless, to this (revised) question I can give an unambiguous answer:

My preferred OS is Linux. I used to use SuSe since 6.4 or some such, have been using Ubuntu since Dapper, with decreasing amounts of Windows time.

However, that refers to private use only. At the office, I still have to use Windows. Also, I can not see how I could Linux there because there are quite a few applications which require Windows.

Sayers
August 1st, 2007, 10:41 PM
Linux is my perfered, main, and only OS :)

hobieone
August 1st, 2007, 10:48 PM
i choose linux mainly due to it is my prefered most. as for used most it depends on the day and i i'm playing everquest 2 or not. wish it will work with wine soon tho so i can kick the windows habbit