PDA

View Full Version : I'm having a problem running Sony's Infantry Online with wine.

richardwad1
July 30th, 2007, 05:52 AM
It installs fine, but when I run it, it get to the zone selection screen and when I select a zone, where it would normally start downloading fiiles, the screen goes black. Any ideas on what might cause this? I looked on the wine website and they say it runs. I am running it in a virtual desktop, but I tried both ways.

SimonPhoto
January 26th, 2008, 10:40 PM
I know this post is old, but I'll answer the question in case anyone else is having this problem.

I play Inf in wine all the time, and there are a few things that must be right. Color depth must be set to 16-bit, and you must play in windowed mode. Full-screen doesn't work, at least for me.

Everything else works just fine, as far as I can tell. I normally play in Archlinux or PCLOS, but this worked when I play in Ubuntu as well on my desktop at work :)

richardwad1
January 28th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Thanks! I'll try it soon!

Zackie
February 18th, 2008, 06:44 AM
For me it installed fine but when i opened it to login screen is just white but i can see some of the edges... I have it in windowed mode but not sure on how to change it to 16 bit.... any ideas?:guitar:

Had a friend make me an account when in game... it just blinks over and over.... any ideas?

Cansy
March 4th, 2008, 06:10 AM
I don't think there is any way to tell wine to pretend it is has 16 bit color depth. I changed the color depth in xorg.conf to 16 and now infantry works fine.