PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else in Bloomington?

irish_flu
July 22nd, 2007, 06:09 PM
Hey peeps,

I guess I haven't checked to see if there was an Indiana LoCo for awhile; I'm pleased to see one!

Anyway, I'm near Bloomington (well, between Bloomington and Bedford). Anybody else nearby?

I grew up in North-Central IN, but I've been here about 15 years.

Howdy to mah Hoosier peeps!

bamboo.7
July 23rd, 2007, 11:34 PM
Btown up in here! Mad Mushroom manager and secondary ed student,

simon.a.ruiz
July 25th, 2007, 12:45 PM
Ex-Bloomingtonian now up in Ft. Wayne (As of three months ago). Welcome to the list!

You might also be interested in the Bloomington Linux Users' Group <http://www.bloomingtonlinux.org>, which meets monthly at the MCPL (and has a mailing list) and is a really good group, and knowledgeable.

chronusdark
August 1st, 2007, 11:52 AM
im in Bloomington too and hey i order from mad mushroom all the time...you guys are always out of stuff

bamboo.7
August 1st, 2007, 09:20 PM
Glad you order from us! We ran into some problems with one of our suppliers. It would be nice if you could order produce like you install packages. Sudo apt-get install mushrooms- tomatoes,

irish_flu
August 14th, 2007, 04:07 AM
Hey peeps, my apologies for making this thread and then dropping out on it.

Nice to meet you dudes!

Since the conversation ended up there (and because here in Bloomington, many many geeks have worked in pizza) I worked at Pizza Express for a long time, myself (in the mid nineties).

PS bamboo it's easier to use the meta-packages:

sudo apt-get install bbq-chicken
sudo apt-get install b-town-pie
sudo apt-get install garden-gourmet

Pres-Gas
August 14th, 2007, 07:48 PM
I am smack in Bloomington and was just looking for LoCo team here. Just joined right now.

simon.a.ruiz
August 15th, 2007, 02:30 AM
Speaking of pizza in Bloomington, I used to drive for Papa John's South.

But, my favorite was always Aver's.

irish_flu
August 15th, 2007, 05:18 AM
LOL, it has always been a topic of discussion among those of us who cut our chops (back in the day) at Technology Services (Indiana University) that many, many of us worked at Pizza Express (often at the same time). It's truly odd how many people went from one to the other.

Technoviking
August 15th, 2007, 05:32 AM
From Indiana, born in Tell City, IN and went to school at IU.

NeuralEskimo
August 17th, 2007, 04:08 AM
Chock me up as one more Bloomingtonite

irish_flu
August 17th, 2007, 05:15 PM
Hooray! Glad to see I'm not the only Ubuntu user in town. This is fun!

BTW I attended my first B-LUG meeting this week. It was sparsely attended, but I had fun and met cool people.

NeuralEskimo
August 18th, 2007, 06:51 PM
BTW, my wife uses kubuntu also, but she is a "user". I'm the "pusher".:wink:

Also, I am curious if I know any of you Bloomingtonites. My name is Tony Walker. I worked for UITS at IU for about six years before going back to school a few years ago.

simon.a.ruiz
August 20th, 2007, 01:49 AM
Neat! I was just telling my fiancée that there should be more women in the Linux community.

irish_flu
August 22nd, 2007, 06:51 PM
BTW, my wife uses kubuntu also, but she is a "user". I'm the "pusher".:wink:

Also, I am curious if I know any of you Bloomingtonites. My name is Tony Walker. I worked for UITS at IU for about six years before going back to school a few years ago.

I don't think I know you, but by god I don't know how; I worked for UITS back in the nineties, myself. I PMed you my real name.

math_phy
October 28th, 2007, 06:34 AM
hi I am in Bloomington , now , am from India , am a grad student at IU.

jmbrown
November 12th, 2007, 07:52 PM
Hi all! I'm a staff member at the School of Optometry at IU. It's nice to know there are others using Ubuntu too.

irish_flu
November 26th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Oops, guess I failed to check this thread for awhile. Hello to both of you, math_phy and jmbrown!

mattzink
January 9th, 2008, 06:36 PM
Greetings from Nashville, IN. I might as well call myself a B-tonian as we spend most of our time there and hope to move there soon. (BTW - if anyone can hip me to some cool tech/teaching jobs in B-ton, I'd appreciate it!)

Grew up in Anderson, IN, live in Brown Co., work in Columbus. Would love to meet some of y'all face to face. I'm on BLUG's mailing list, hope to attend one of those meetings soon.

james_xxx
January 18th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Another Bloomingtonian here. I am a "returning" student. I have been to one BLUG meeting, but had a schedule conflict last semester and could not make it anymore. I hope to be at a few more this semester.

simon.a.ruiz
January 18th, 2008, 10:23 PM
Cool, welcome aboard to you both, we're happy to have you.

The BLUG is an excellent organization. They're the people who helped me figure out Linux when I was just barely starting out; great bunch of people.

mafuman
April 4th, 2008, 07:17 PM
i only joined becuz someone mentioned Pizza Express

Marten - PE - 91-94