PDA

View Full Version : changed titles?

WildTangent
July 17th, 2005, 08:45 PM
just wondering why all the titles were changed...i quite liked having 5 cups of ubuntu, now im just like everyone else :(

-Wild

dave9191
July 17th, 2005, 08:52 PM
Well another 36 posts and you'll have contributer under you cups :) Maybe they are doing maintence or something.

Dave

panickedthumb
July 18th, 2005, 03:02 AM
The forum titles are undergoing a bit of a revamp.

dave9191
July 18th, 2005, 03:09 AM
Ooo, nice :) When do we get the low down on it?

And, panickedthumb, might I suggest a link at the top of each forum title "Before you post" telling people to search the fourms and try google before they post. Ive seen the same questions coming up time and time again.

Dave

bored2k
July 18th, 2005, 03:12 AM
Ooo, nice :) When do we get the low down on it?

And, panickedthumb, might I suggest a link at the top of each forum title "Before you post" telling people to search the fourms and try google before they post. Ive seen the same questions coming up time and time again.

Dave
This has been adressed several times here and people ignore our suggestions. They just excuse theirselves by saying they didn't find anything or that they were in a rush (this is not IRC, posting won't speed up anything).

benplaut
July 18th, 2005, 03:15 AM
The forum titles are undergoing a bit of a revamp.

you and your "Woo!"

:roll:

dave9191
July 18th, 2005, 03:15 PM
Village Brew Master huh? Is there a list of all the titles somewhere?

Dave

ubuntu-geek
July 18th, 2005, 04:46 PM
At some point this week the usertitles will change. Everyone will have the same title however, the coffee cups under their name will continue to change as they make more posts.

There have been many issues with people complaining about titles and we hope this will help clarify some of those issues.

benplaut
July 19th, 2005, 02:32 AM
At some point this week the usertitles will change. Everyone will have the same title however, the coffee cups under their name will continue to change as they make more posts.

There have been many issues with people complaining about titles and we hope this will help clarify some of those issues.

so... no more titles, no more yellow text?

oh well... i'm not exactly in a position to complain ;-)

<<edit>>

wait a sec... now they're back? :?

bored2k
July 19th, 2005, 02:37 AM
so... no more titles, no more yellow text?

oh well... i'm not exactly in a position to complain ;-)

<<edit>>

wait a sec... now they're back? :?
It wouldn't be fair for donators to _not_ highlight them.

benplaut
July 19th, 2005, 05:47 AM
It wouldn't be fair for donators to _not_ highlight them.

no, the other yellow text ;)

i <3 my yellow text :grin:

:roll:

Omnios
July 19th, 2005, 06:07 AM
Waaaaa "tears" my "150 posts to get" way to much Ubuntu! dissapeared.
Hopefully this will be replaced by something more interesting lol. Hopfully different blends for numbers of post like fresh ground etc. And bragging rights titles (not much to brag about but it makes you feel well lol). Personaly I think people would be more compelled to spend time and help on the forum with some kind or rating system but this may be to difficult to maintain. Title "Super Uber Helper" lol personaly id have "Linux newb" title though I try to document what when I accomplish a solution to my problem.

As for searching for searching for a problem in search is kind of a problem. 5.04 is my first first Linux distro and I have spend a lot of time reading and searching here and find it problimatic. I find the search terms do not nessarily find the what Im looking for expecialy when you plug in a hole bunch of terms which usualy results in no results. (not shure this is a bug but find if I put in 3 or 4 key words the results are zip.) Also I had did a forum suggestion post a while ago about about having a way to have a thread marked as resolved as currently there is no way to see if the proplem for the post was resolved or not. This could cut down many pages of posts . The search is usable but possibly could use some tweeking.

Cant wait to see the new rating system though.

Cheers