PDA

View Full Version : Middle School

family
July 4th, 2007, 10:13 PM
As a recent ex-middle school student (I graduated, didn't drop out btw), I must say that Ubuntu could radically enhance the computer labs at Meyzeek (my school). We're looking at about 350 computers running admittedly crappy (outdated, I love the iPod, not an Apple hater) Apple software. With Ubuntu on them, Apps like Kalzium, Kig, and Kmplot as well as OpenOffice progs could seriously improve productivity, efficiency, and speed. All the flying myths that Linux is impossible to use or install are just that, myths. Is Edubuntu better for them or Ubuntu? Who is going to pressure the school system to go Ubuntu? Or is this even a good idea? :popcorn:

Wiebelhaus
July 4th, 2007, 10:20 PM
it would take a savvy IT department to prove without a doubt there would be substantial monetary gain from such a massive conversion to Linux..... in other words when hell freezes over.

family
July 4th, 2007, 10:25 PM
Thankx for killing an innocent kid's dream of perfection. My school got screwed over by the gov't because of the No Child Left Behind Act. No funding, and 46% of the students are below grade level. Can't anybody help us, just w/ software?:(

family
July 4th, 2007, 10:26 PM
it would take a savvy IT department to prove without a doubt there would be substantial monetary gain from such a massive conversion to Linux..... in other words when hell freezes over.

Nice album, by the way. Go Eagles.;)

Motoxrdude
July 4th, 2007, 10:27 PM
Thankx for killing an innocent kid's dream of perfection. My school got screwed over by the gov't because of the No Child Left Behind Act. No funding, and 46% of the students are below grade level. Can't anybody help us, just w/ software?:(

Yeah, kinda ironic. No child left behind, yet it causes more kids to get left behind...

family
July 4th, 2007, 10:35 PM
Yeah, kinda ironic. No child left behind, yet it causes more kids to get left behind...

Dam right. :x:x