PDA

View Full Version : Starcraft

OrbJinzo
June 8th, 2007, 03:10 AM
Anyone know a way to install Starcraft and the expansion broodwar? if it helps im installing from CD to.

tgm4883
June 8th, 2007, 04:01 AM
In wine

hikaricore
June 8th, 2007, 03:14 PM
I couldn't find a howto around the forums anywhere, but you might find some info here: http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iAppId=72

JamesHarrison
June 11th, 2007, 07:30 PM
You could try building some additional pylons.

That, or zerg rush at wine. We can replay! We have the technology! I'm not too sure on Starcraft's format but if you just copy the CD to hard drive and wine from there, and once it's installed run the game with wine /path/to/game.exe- that should work. Fairly generic instructions but should put you on the right path.

(In before vespene gas)

OrbJinzo
June 14th, 2007, 05:40 AM
I found a copy of cedega and got it running just right on it.

Trueno22
June 14th, 2007, 05:44 AM
yeah it runs perfect in cedega funny thing though it rendered way better graphically in xubuntu than ubuntu

Hawk__0
June 25th, 2007, 03:25 AM
interesting, i couldnt install the expansion OR any patches in cedega.
what gives?

anyhow i have it working in wine, on battle.net too.
its easy, you need a font in order for it not to crash while logging onto bnet.

DemonStar55
June 27th, 2007, 05:53 AM
install it in Cedega, battle.net doesn't render correctly under WINE.

it's pretty straight forward to install it in cedega, just hit the intall button and navigate to the exe, then do the same with the expansion, they work 100% in Cedega, well as much as I've tried. well I think the updating part doesn't work, but that's it.

http://www.linux-gamers.net/modules/wiwimod/index.php?page=HOWTO+Starcraft that's a guide for wine, it has links to download the update

hikaricore
June 27th, 2007, 02:20 PM

asusu
July 8th, 2007, 01:44 PM
hello everybody who is use Wine for games (Starcraft),
I installed Wine from Add/Remover Application (Ubuntu) and I installed Starcraft Brood War after, but It's not work perfect, everything is too slow. Can you help me fix this. thx u so much

Frem
July 8th, 2007, 07:35 PM
Try running it with the "-gl" argument. Edit the shortcut, or use to command line to change to the directory where you installed starcraft and run it like "wine starcraft.exe -gl"

nikoPSK
November 21st, 2007, 04:24 AM
cedega worked fine for starcraft for me. (I wasn't getting sound in wine...)

Trampis
December 21st, 2007, 06:48 AM
I am trying to play starcraft. I have read this thread and it does not seem anyone else has the problem I have. It installed fine, and i updated it fine but whenever i try to run starcraft.exe from the cd, the wine dir, or another dir I put starcraft in the blizzard logo shimmers turns blue and the image freezes and closes. I am unable to run another game b/c it says it could not find any compatible direct 3D devices, is this an extension of the same problem or a new one having to do with starcraft?

i have an nvidia 8800 with all the up to date drivers from envy and i am running wine 0.9.50

Trampis
December 22nd, 2007, 01:05 AM
double post sorry.