PDA

View Full Version : Uninstall steam

paparappa
May 14th, 2007, 06:31 PM
Well, i installed steam but then a after a few seconds i decided to remove it (at this time i used 6.10). Well It didnt wor kto uninstall it with the Steam uninstaller through wine so i just deleted the files (very stupid indeed). Well when i want to install the game again it doesent work since, well , the installer thinks the software still exists.

Now when i upgraded to 7.04 i noticed a tool called Wine Uninstaller, when i opened this software Steam stood there on the list well it doesent work to uninstall because the files for this capacity doesen't exist.

So I wonder if it's someone out here that has the steam files so i just can put them in my folder and then just uninstall it and then install it again with the original steam installer. Or is there an other way to do it?

bigud
May 14th, 2007, 08:17 PM
god evening ....

if u have SteamInstall.msi ....open terminal and type:

cd ~/Desktop

# wine msiexec /i SteamInstall.msi

(Uninstall is like windows ... remove .. next ... next ... ok)

but if u don't have the arquive .. download SteamInstall.msi at ... www.steampowered.com

and do the same thing

cd ~/Desktop

# wine msiexec /i SteamInstall.msi

(Uninstall is like windows ... remove .. next ... next ... ok)

just it ...

Ricardo de Oliveira (BIguD)
Think Linux !

bigud
May 14th, 2007, 08:30 PM
if u want an easier kind of uninstall ... run in terminal:

# wine uninstaller

than choose aplication and remove !!

Think Linux !

paparappa
May 15th, 2007, 07:16 AM
thank you, the second suggestion didn't work however the first did! I now have steam working thorugh wine!

boast
October 26th, 2007, 09:33 PM
it does not work for me. I even delete the steam folder, but running the uninstaller makes the steam folder and the .exe appear again.

karth
October 27th, 2007, 02:53 AM
For the record, you could also have recreated another wine environment dedicated to Steam using
wineprefixcreate /path/to/dir and then installed Steam in it with
env WINEPREFIX="/path/to/dir" wine Setup.exe

That way you would have been able to install Steam in a safe place apart from the polluted registry that confused your primary environment, all of that using the same wine binaries. Just remember that anything that has something to do to your duplicate environment has to be launched that way
env WINEPREFIX="/path/to/dir" wine Your.exe
env WINEPREFIX="/path/to/dir" winecfg (to configure your second environment)
env WINEPREFIX="/path/to/dir" wine regedit.exe
etc...

Using launchers is a good thing ;)

sinisterzerox
August 6th, 2008, 12:29 AM
thnx for the trubel the first way worked fine i am very thank full for this help 2 ;)

killchaos6669
August 24th, 2008, 08:08 PM
if u want an easier kind of uninstall ... run in terminal:

# wine uninstaller

than choose aplication and remove !!

Think Linux !

This worked perfectly. I was having problems with this. Thanks a ton.