PDA

View Full Version : Linuxcitizen.com

cdk
June 23rd, 2005, 11:22 PM
Hya m8s!

come and visit a new open source forum.

www.linuxcitizen.com
Linux Citizen is a upstart website with a growing user base. We feature reviews and tons of news collected from all over the web. If your interested in joining a fun and helpful community with a focus on new distros and friendship then this is the site for you.

Through a partnership with Serve7 hosting we are offering small hosting packages at a large discount for LUGs and open source projects. If you are in need of such packages then contact sales@serve7.com and mention linuxcitizen in your subject along with what your needs are. They will give you a great deal.

cheers,
CDK

benplaut
June 24th, 2005, 12:38 AM
Good Luck with your new site!

there are alot of Linux/FOSS sites out there that cover the topics you mentioned, so, try to make your site different in some way, if you want it to be popular ;-)

cdk
June 24th, 2005, 12:51 AM
Good Luck with your new site!

there are alot of Linux/FOSS sites out there that cover the topics you mentioned, so, try to make your site different in some way, if you want it to be popular ;-)
Yes i know there are tons of sites out there about this subject. I want the site to develope into its own community seperate from many others but i think it depends on the users. I want the site to be developed and modified like a open source code. By this i mean that i want the community to decide the direction the site will take and what it will focus on, look like how the interface will be and so forth. Right now we are small, but GROWING! I created the site but its future is with in its community.

cheers,

panickedthumb
June 24th, 2005, 04:53 AM
"By this i mean that i want the community to decide the direction the site will take and what it will focus on, look like how the interface will be and so forth."

Rock. I like that philosophy. I hope it goes nuts and you get slashdotted ;) Granted, your site would probably go down for a while, but boy would you ever have publicity after that.

cdk
June 28th, 2005, 12:33 AM
i hope so too. Right now we are going through a face lift. We are migrating from phpbb to SMF/Mambo. So if you would like to help come join the dev team. Remeber this site is designed by its community so the more help and input we get the better it will be. Here is a list of what we need currently.

3-4 more people on the graphic team
3-4 more people on the dev team
5 more Mods
1 news master
1 ad master
1 co-admin

if you would like to start getting involved in the open source community and want to help build a thriving real life example of open source values put into practice then come join our team and lets work togther to better the community.

contact me at admin@linuxcitizen.com for position info.

cheers,

cdk
July 11th, 2005, 10:38 AM
UPDATE: Linuxcitizen.com
We now have a newly designed site thanks to all or our wonderful members. Its not all done as the header still needs work but come on over and check it out. We have switched to mambo/SMF from phpbb2. This switch will help to make us more stable and open for growth. As always if you see something on the site you would like to change then feel free to join our ranks and contribute too a truly open source based site!

cheers,
CDK (LC Admin)

XDevHald
July 11th, 2005, 01:04 PM
UPDATE: Linuxcitizen.com
We now have a newly designed site thanks to all or our wonderful members. Its not all done as the header still needs work but come on over and check it out. We have switched to mambo/SMF from phpbb2. This switch will help to make us more stable and open for growth. As always if you see something on the site you would like to change then feel free to join our ranks and contribute too a truly open source based site!

cheers,
CDK (LC Admin)
Dead Link or Slow Server?

EDIT: Nevermind, it was on my side :)