PDA

View Full Version : Problem with PEAR (PDO Install) on Ubuntu

malibu
May 9th, 2007, 08:57 PM
Has anyone run into this? when I try to install PDO via 'pecl install pdo' I get the following:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 114 bytes) in /usr/share/php/PEAR/Registry.php on line 1012
Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 40 bytes)

PEAR is running out of memory for PHP, fine. So I went to change my two php.ini files, restart apache2 (which shouldn't matter for this) and I still get the error. I saw some advice to change a line within /usr/share/php/pearcmd.php but the memory_limit setting no longer exists within the script. Then I did the following:

find / -name "*.php" -exec grep memory_limit {} /dev/null \;

and I found nothing. Same with grepping for '8M'.

So does anyone know what is causing this? Apparently this only happens on Ubuntu (as per another post) but I cannot find a solution. I even rebooted at one point after changing both php.ini files. (apache2 and cli) Well, the cli file was already at 16M.

Mirrorball
May 9th, 2007, 09:48 PM
Not answering your question, but doesn't PHP >5.2 already have PDO?

malibu
May 10th, 2007, 04:18 AM
So I've heard.. When I ran 'apt-get install php5' again on my server all I got was an updated php 5.1.

Is there a way for me to apt-get install PHP 5.2? I had concluded that it was only in the leading edge version in Ubuntu, not the stable one. It would be awesome if I could install the package for it. That would probably solve my problems.

Mirrorball
May 10th, 2007, 03:14 PM
Upgrade to Feisty? :D

malibu
May 10th, 2007, 04:24 PM
Yeah, I was starting to think that would be easiest..

Currently I have 6.06 running on a VMWare box.. I was just going to install Fiesty on another one and move my stuff over.

Unless... Is there a way to 'upgrade' 6.06 to Feisty in place?

Mirrorball
May 10th, 2007, 06:10 PM
Yes. I can't find the instructions, but I'm sure they exist.