PDA

View Full Version : Testers needed for a small Python thing

Bachstelze
May 8th, 2007, 01:07 AM
Hi, everyone :)

For school, I've done an implementation of the classic MasterMind game in Python. It is not finished yet but it's playable so I'd appreciate if some people could help me test it.

http://fkraiem.free.fr/mastermind/mastermind.tgz

I don't give further instructions about how to run it, there's a README included and it's supposed to be as throughout as possible so if I forgot to mention something, please tell me here and I'll add it ;)

slash2314
May 8th, 2007, 01:17 AM
In your functions.py at line 231 you need to change

file.write("\t<entry ranking=\"%u\">\n" % i+1)
to
file.write("\t<entry ranking=\'%u\'>\n" % i+1)

Bachstelze
May 8th, 2007, 01:28 AM
Yep, someone else reported that bug, I corrected it another way though ;)

FuriousLettuce
May 8th, 2007, 01:29 AM
In mmNoGui/__init__.py, on line 113, that 'e' at the end of the line should be another quotation mark.

EDIT:

In addition, in mmNoGui/functions.py, on line 93, you need to make the b = raw_input.. call before the while loop, as you have an undefined variable error at the end of each round in text mode.

Bachstelze
May 8th, 2007, 02:24 AM
All those stupid little mistakes (and a few others) are corrected.

Noah0504
May 8th, 2007, 03:41 AM
Well, I didn't really come across anything, but I can say thank you. hehe, I love Mastermind, and I've been playing this game far too long.

FuriousLettuce
May 8th, 2007, 08:21 PM
Don't know if you're interested in any more replies, but the initial "Would you like text, gui or to quit" prompt can't handle non-numeric characters - it interprets them as variables ('o' is OK, but o is not). Perhaps raw_input should be used?

Bachstelze
May 12th, 2007, 12:54 AM
Are you sure you're talking about that prompt ? It works fine here.

Bump anyway, lots of new things added, especially to the GUI mode...