PDA

View Full Version : general IDE question

hollowhead
May 3rd, 2007, 10:36 AM
I have been trying out IDE's having read the posts and the sticky? on them. Iam looking for something like borland c++ builder which i have built apps for in the past. I have glade2 and Kdevelop which come closet to this ideal. I want to drag and drop the graphical elements of my prog on a form then link code to them. The components I want include a spreadsheet entry system, what in winblows is called a richedit to output results to. I have found the spreadsheet component but not the richedit equivalent and also unless I'm being especially thick in kdevelop no way of adding menus. Do these exist and is there a good guide to starting out in kdevelop? I have glade tutorials which I'm trying out and is there a guide to gtk in pdf format so I can reference the library commands offline? I know these questions are a bit vague but I'm just trying things out at present so I can decide which IDE to use.

Ta. Hollowhead.

scottious
May 3rd, 2007, 09:23 PM
I've used Eclipse and there are add-ons that allow graphical development of GUIs. Have you checked that out?

hollowhead
May 4th, 2007, 10:08 AM
no i haven't I have installed eclispe from the repos though.