PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a very very simple program.

Yuzem
May 1st, 2007, 04:40 PM
This is more a script than a program but I am not a programmer and I really don't know the difference.

I want to make a script that does the following:
Display the current wallpaper in full screen by a specified amount of time and then smoothly fade out away.

I want it to use graphic acceleration for the "smoothly" part.

The intention of this program is to load it at the start of session. The effect will be that the panels and desktop icons smoothly fade in into the desktop.

rekahsoft
May 1st, 2007, 08:38 PM
This is more a script than a program but I am not a programmer and I really don't know the difference.

I want to make a script that does the following:
Display the current wallpaper in full screen by a specified amount of time and then smoothly fade out away.

I want it to use graphic acceleration for the "smoothly" part.

The intention of this program is to load it at the start of session. The effect will be that the panels and desktop icons smoothly fade in into the desktop.

lol...u want an animated desktop background...not soo easy ;)

Yuzem
May 1st, 2007, 09:02 PM
It isn't really an animated desktop background. The program must run on top of all other windows not behind them and not behind the desktop icons.

It can't be so complicated to show a picture in fullscreen and make it slowly fade it away after a specified amount of time.

Maybe I should explain it better.
The program should be configured to run at the startup with a very low order level (before other programs).
The effect is this:
At the login screen (gdm) I type my user and my password, enter and all I will see is the desktop background.
The desktop background isn't really the desktop. It will be the script running on top of all other programs and hiding them behind it self.

After the "specified time" (the time all the programs take to load, nautilus, beryl, gnome-panel, etc...) the gnome panels and the desktop icons will smoothly appear.

My english is not good... :(