PDA

View Full Version : Good Wine Games?

MonkeyBoy
April 27th, 2007, 03:41 PM
I have become the proud owner of a 20 credit note for Gamestation, which is burning a hole in my pocket. I was hoping you cats might be able to suggest any good pc games which run nicely and easily on wine as my local Gamestation has a massive selection of preowned pc games really cheap. I already have Neverwinter Nights and Thief 2 running on wine. Open to any suggestion.

As another option I might buy a gamepad. I have had a lot of problems using my Logitech Wingman Wireless pad with Ubuntu. Sometimes it works but other times not. Does anyone know of any pads which "just work" with everything or am I being too hopeful?

cogadh
April 27th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Star Wars Knight of the Old Republic 1 and 2
Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption (not Bloodlines)
Hitman 2

Check http://appdb.winehq.org/ for a list of all the applications, including games, that run well with Wine.

MonkeyBoy
April 27th, 2007, 03:51 PM
Vampire looks tempting...

I do check the wineDB but it is a long winded way of looking for games seeing as I have no particular plan. I asked here as I value personal suggestions of gamers rather than finding working games and then looking for reviews.

jjbean
April 27th, 2007, 03:58 PM
another option I might buy a gamepad. I have had a lot of problems using my Logitech Wingman Wireless pad with Ubuntu. Sometimes it works but other times not. Does anyone know of any pads which "just work" with everything or am I being too hopeful?

Hey if you find an answer to that let me know. None of my pads work. ](*,) As far as the game question goes. IMHO Sacred is a really under rated action rpg (read Diablo clone). I have not tried to get it running under Wine, as I have only been using Ubuntu for a little over a month and still break stuff to much. :lolflag:

Ferrat
November 14th, 2007, 09:26 PM
Hey if you find an answer to that let me know. None of my pads work. ](*,) As far as the game question goes. IMHO Sacred is a really under rated action rpg (read Diablo clone). I have not tried to get it running under Wine, as I have only been using Ubuntu for a little over a month and still break stuff to much. :lolflag:

Xbox gamepad modded to USB just works and under wine JoyToKey works great =)