PDA

View Full Version : Fiesty what can I say but Excellent

ade234uk
April 27th, 2007, 06:09 AM
This is exactly what new users need. One of the best Ubuntu downloads in a long time. I know there are a lot of people that don't like it because of the prop driver, but hey it stopped me having to muck around for an hour and it will hopefully stop new users saying in the forum "Cannot get Graphics Card to Work"

If we want Ubuntu to become even more successful, these are the sort of things we need in place. With Vista doing so badly at the moment Ubuntu should get thousands more supporters.

Tundro Walker
April 27th, 2007, 06:25 AM
I'm going to use your post as a "what I like about Feisty" rave...

1) Gnomad2 now works "out of the box" with my Creative Zen Vision:M mp3/multimedia player w/o any re-compiling from source using MTP lib (yay!) I installed Gnomad2, plugged in my Zen, and it was able to transfer mp3's! (Awesome, it's no longer detected as a camara!)

2) It's easier to get Compiz working. (At first, I thought it was just flashy graphics, but I've really gotten to like fast-switching to different desktops on the cube using keyboard shortcuts, or clicking in the corner of the desktop to show all my windows organized nicely to pick from...productive and stylish!)

3) Not much else for me to rave on, because Ubuntu was already working really well with Edgy

What does everyone else like about Feisty?

ubnewbie2
April 27th, 2007, 06:32 AM
This is exactly what new users need. One of the best Ubuntu downloads in a long time. I know there are a lot of people that don't like it because of the prop driver, but hey it stopped me having to muck around for an hour and it will hopefully stop new users saying in the forum "Cannot get Graphics Card to Work"

If we want Ubuntu to become even more successful, these are the sort of things we need in place. With Vista doing so badly at the moment Ubuntu should get thousands more supporters.

I liked everyting except the font rendering on LCD panels. After 2 - 3 days and trying all sorts of things, some of them improving the look a bit, it still is nowhere as clean as Mandriva (or Windows). It is really disappointing me.

kelvin spratt
April 27th, 2007, 06:50 AM
fiesty worked for me out the box no more to say as a ex windows user its amazing bit of kit and the best
feature is no more phoning home to msoft

Tundro Walker
April 28th, 2007, 01:18 AM
fiesty worked for me out the box no more to say as a ex windows user its amazing bit of kit and the best
feature is no more phoning home to msoft

"Sir! We've spotted another one!"

"Great work, Johnson. Send unit 5. They'll detain the suspect, bring them in for re-conditioning, and we'll have them back to Windows by end of the week. I guess folks don't actually read that Windows EULA...clicking that 'I Accept' button means we own them. Don't they realize this?"

TBOL3
April 28th, 2007, 01:24 AM
What sir, you mean my favorite OS is illegal!?!

Soldierboy
April 28th, 2007, 01:56 AM
Not as excellent as your spelling there, chief. See this thread:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=425678

TBOL3
April 28th, 2007, 02:07 AM
Do you mean to tell me that misspelling has been made illegal as well?

:lolflag:

Rhapsody
April 28th, 2007, 03:13 AM
I've upgraded to Feisty recently, and I do like it overall. I certainly don't like my continuing lack of sound (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=422964), but I didn't get any in Edgy either. So a minor improvement which would be a major improvement if it worked properly.

daka
May 5th, 2007, 10:42 AM
Hi

I have a Creative Zen W , have installed Feisty and have had no luck configuring in Amarok or using Gnomad..... any suggestions..... I am not very experienced in Linux but can follow clear instructions

Glad to see that someone in this forum has had success with their Creative Player in Feisty

Thanks

Daka

JAPrufrock
May 5th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Feisty has been great, except for one thing (see below). The greatest thing about Feisty was how easy it installs! I was able to do a clean install on my 64bit AMD, using the 64bit Feisty OS, and it wasn't that hard getting some of the tricky 32bit apps working (like flash, mplayer plugins, etc). And Compiz worked out of the box!!! I Love it.

The only negative thing so far-- I had to do a reinstall because synaptic/aptitude/apt-get broke, and I couldn't get it fixed. It broke when I tried to get the game, Chess, to work in 3-D.