PDA

View Full Version : tsocks wine WoW.exe

DezSP
April 26th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Hi all. This is my first post here, having managed to get most of Ubuntu up and running through the endless knowlege of Goodle, but the problem I'm facing now is so obscure (I think) that there's very little to be found about it.

Basically, in order to play WoW on my connection, I need to tunnel it through a SSH connection via SOCKS 5 (in order to bypass the firewall). I can set up the tunnel using ssh and tsocks just fine, and it works for most applications, but when I try to run WoW with it, things become less kind.

WoW simply gives me a "Disconnected from server" message less than a second after it starts trying to connect. Running from Terminal, the following error(s) come up:

fixme:sync:CreateIoCompletionPort (0xffffffff, (nil), 00000000, 00000000): stub.
11:48:35 libtsocks(16084): IP (0.0.0.0) & 11:48:35 libtsocks(16084): SUBNET (255.255.255.0) != IP on line 19 in configuration file, ignored
fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW Option INTERNET_OPTION_CONNECT_TIMEOUT (5000): STUB
fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW INTERNET_OPTION_SEND/RECEIVE_TIMEOUT not supported on protocol 4
fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW Option INTERNET_OPTION_CONNECT_TIMEOUT (5000): STUB
fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW INTERNET_OPTION_SEND/RECEIVE_TIMEOUT not supported on protocol 4
fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW Option INTERNET_OPTION_CONTEXT_VALUE; STUB
fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW Option INTERNET_OPTION_CONTEXT_VALUE; STUB

No idea if they're related or not. Any ideas?

Oh yes, and my tsocks configuration:

local = 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0
local = 127.0.0.1/255.255.255.0

server = 127.0.0.1
server_type = 5
server_port = 1080

RobEvans89
November 22nd, 2007, 08:39 PM
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but any news on this?

RandyRyan00
November 23rd, 2007, 07:30 AM
I am having a similar issue. Whenver I attempt to connect to the game, I am kicked immediately with the "Disconnected from Server" message. I managed to get it to work earlier, but now it seems to never want to let me on.

I'm not going through any tunneling, just straight through a NAT, even with DMZ setup, still same issue, so I don't think it's on the network side. Seems to be something to do with the software configs in Wine.

I'm fairly new to Linux so still learning but I've tried all the suggestions I can find and none seem to help at all.

If anyone has some help would be really appreciated.

Randy

hikaricore
November 23rd, 2007, 07:41 AM
Randy, be aware that since around 9pm EST this evening here in the states there have been trouble with the world ,authentication, and web servers. As it is a holiday these issues have just been coming and going with no info posted in the ugent news box ingame. Everytime they seem to be fixed, someone else in my girl's guild can't connect. Hopefully this is your only problem.

duncan_nz
December 17th, 2007, 02:31 AM
I managed to get wow running via a ssh tunnel using a program called
Freecap.

I think tsocks is just plain buggy and it won't work with wine.

I could write a howto if you like :)

DezSP
December 17th, 2007, 10:15 AM
I gave up on this issue quite a while ago and it's no longer needed for me. Isn't Freecap proprietary though?

duncan_nz
December 17th, 2007, 11:43 PM
Its free and open source :)

trebor147
January 8th, 2008, 03:01 AM
I managed to get wow running via a ssh tunnel using a program called
Freecap.

I think tsocks is just plain buggy and it won't work with wine.

I could write a howto if you like :)

Think you could write up that howto? I find myself in the same situation.

Thanks

Erik765
May 26th, 2010, 06:06 PM
... Guess not. I'll try to figure it out I guess.

cariboo907
May 26th, 2010, 10:34 PM
This thread is over 2 years old. Closed