PDA

View Full Version : Lima Feisty Fawn Release Party

tnseditor
April 21st, 2007, 05:02 AM
We just finished our party here in Lima. It was only with me, the rest of my family, and five other friends. We started our evening at 6:00 at Godfather's (pizza place) and then headed to my house. One of my friends decorated a cake with the Ubuntu logo on it. It looked so good! After she decorated it, we headed to the basement where I showed them all of the coolness and told the benefits of using Linux as well as a few cons. I then showed them the cool Beryl effects, how to add and remove programs, and other stuff. They all seemed pretty open to using it. I gave out one CD to one of my friends. I still have to download the PPC version for one of the others. The other people here didn't know if their computers would run it very well or they weren't sure their parents would let them, so I said I could always give them a CD later. We ate our cake (it was very good... I made it!) and then a little later they went home. It was so much fun... more fun than I thought it would be! We are already talking about one for Gutsy Gibbon.

Below are some links to the cake picture and of one with me, one of my friends, and my dad. The picture should look familiar. The colors of the shirts we wore today were completely by accident :)

I will upload the video of us and the cake later!

PWill
April 21st, 2007, 05:49 AM
That looks awesome :)

jimbo2150
April 21st, 2007, 04:24 PM
Happy 7.04th birthday! :)

tnseditor
April 21st, 2007, 04:42 PM
On the video we sing "Happy Release to You" :lolflag: I would like to shrink the video before I put it up. It is about 50 mb for just a few minutes.

Vorian
April 22nd, 2007, 02:36 PM
That sounds like a fun evening :)

jimbo2150
April 22nd, 2007, 04:37 PM
That sounds like a fun evening :)
Vorian, you wanted me to enter in the photo contest. Here are the rules (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TheFunkyFeistyCompetition). Unfortunately we were supposed to try to recreate the Ubuntu logo in some way (human logo, design, whatever), not just take pics of the group. That disqualifies us. :(

Anyway, the meeting looked like a success :)
It was nice to meet some people from the group, we got about 20 people packed into the Panera Bread shop at Easton in Columbus. We chatted about Ubuntu and the team, and showed off the latest version of Ubuntu.

o0splitpaw0o
April 22nd, 2007, 08:15 PM
On the video we sing "Happy Release to You" :lolflag: I would like to shrink the video before I put it up. It is about 50 mb for just a few minutes.

You can upload it on youtube. They support up to 100MB Myspace supports even larger files than that.

tnseditor
April 22nd, 2007, 08:33 PM
I will, but I thought it would be better to shrink it first so it doesn't take so much time to download especially since it is slightly over 3 minutes.

tnseditor
April 22nd, 2007, 09:06 PM
Here is the video file. I shrunk it to 2mb. The video clip is at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBavS_qeMBQ

jimbo2150
April 22nd, 2007, 09:14 PM
Nice video! Happy release to you (rock remix)! :guitar: