PDA

View Full Version : Cedega 6.0 To support ES IV and BF 2142

bastiegast
April 5th, 2007, 02:38 PM
Due next week.

http://digg.com/linux_unix/Cedega_6_0_Preview

Edit: Above link removed, will be back later in short it claimed the following:

GLSL and PS 2.0 support. TES Oblivion and Battlefield 2142 are among the newly supported game(that is Oblivion will be fully supported).

In the meantime, check this link, its a little more non informative http://www.transgaming.com/index.php?module=ContentExpress&func=display&ceid=2&meid=-1

Are they catching up on wine? What do you think?

cogadh
April 5th, 2007, 04:01 PM
"This preview has been removed at the request of Transgaming."

Nothing to see here.

bastiegast
April 5th, 2007, 10:43 PM
Fixed. The article contained some information we were not supposed to see I think, the review boiled down to what I mentioned in the first post.

frodon
April 6th, 2007, 08:52 AM
I think they make advertisement for things that wine already have for several month already (e.g. GLSL shader), nothing more has changed except they added support for some new games.
The best stand when you are gaming and if you have cedega is to try with both cedega and wine, sometimes cedega is better sometimes wine is better, IMO none is better than the other and they don't offer the same support for the same games.

bastiegast
April 6th, 2007, 10:57 AM
I agree. It's interesting to notice the difference in development. Wine develops in a steady line. Where Cedega is advancing stair wise. Cedega catches up on wine, wine surpasses Cedega and Cedega catches up again. Nice example of the difference between open source and commercial apps.

Nunu
January 7th, 2008, 02:06 PM
How was the game performance on Linux? is it Better then on winblows?

Sockerdrickan
January 7th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Just use wine I've played bf2142 with it.

MichiganMan
January 16th, 2008, 04:39 AM
Any tips? I can't get the demo working on it, and I won't hazzard buying the retail CD unless the I can get the demo itself working.