PDA

View Full Version : php template

Praill
April 2nd, 2007, 05:00 AM
Hello,

I've looked around on google for a while with no success. What I'm looking for is pre-written php code for a web forum that uses FILES instead of an SQL database. Oh, and I would prefer that its free :)
You might be asking, why files? Simply because my hosting company allows me one database without paying extra, and I'm already using it. I could use the same database for both puposes but would rather not as that is kinda messy.
You might now be asking, why dont you write it yourself? Well... i could. I'm decent with php, but I dont doubt that it would still take me a couple days to do. It would be much easier to use a pre-made script if one exists.

Regardless, does anyone know of a free message board script that stores its data in either files or a mysql database? I will really take either option if i have no choice.

Praill
April 4th, 2007, 05:28 AM
I actually found what I needed.
Theres a bulletin board written in perl (which is better because its supposedly more secure that php) called YaBB.
It does use a mysql database, but only needs like 4 tables or so. Therefore I was able to use it with the database i already have and its not at messy.