PDA

View Full Version : OpenGL area for GTKmm

Laterix
March 27th, 2007, 09:17 PM
I'm playing around and learning to program GTK+OpenGL software. I would like to use GTK-ui for my program with an area for OpenGL graphics. I use C++ and GTKmm librarys. Is there some good OpenGL drawing area widgets available?

I found GtkGLareamm with google, but I can't find where to download it. There is also something called GtkGLExt. Is this for me?

lnostdal
March 27th, 2007, 09:23 PM
yes, you probably want gtkglext .. there are c++ bindings to it named gtkglextmm

Laterix
March 27th, 2007, 09:57 PM
yes, you probably want gtkglext .. there are c++ bindings to it named gtkglextmm
I installed this, but the compilation doesn't seem to find it. I have include like example GTKGLmm apps:

#include <gtkglmm.h>

and compiler says

test.cpp:10:21: error: gtkglmm.h: No such file or directory

This is my compile command

g++ -Wall test.cpp -o test `pkg-config gtkmm-2.4 --cflags --libs`

Any help is appriciated!

lnostdal
March 28th, 2007, 05:11 AM
Try..

$ pkg-config --list-all | grep gtkgl

..and add a `pkg-config ...` as needed.

Laterix
March 28th, 2007, 03:07 PM
Thank you for your help, but I still can't get it to work. Now my compile command is

g++ -Wall test.cpp -o test -lGL -lGLU `pkg-config gtkmm-2.4 --cflags --libs` `pkg-config gtkglextmm-x11-1.2 --cflags --libs`

And it compiles without any errors or warnings. But when i run the executable I get

./test: error while loading shared libraries: libgtkglextmm-x11-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Anyway, gtkglextmm example appilcations compile and work just fine.

Maybe this is helpfull

[late@oiva gtkmm]$ locate libgtkglextmm-
/usr/lib/libgtkglextmm-x11-1.0.so.0.0.1
/usr/lib/libgtkglextmm-x11-1.0.so.0
/usr/lib/libgtkglextmm-x11-1.0.a
/usr/lib/libgtkglextmm-x11-1.0.la
/usr/lib/libgtkglextmm-x11-1.0.so
/usr/local/lib/libgtkglextmm-x11-1.2.la
/usr/local/lib/libgtkglextmm-x11-1.2.a
/usr/local/lib/libgtkglextmm-x11-1.2.so.0.0.0
/usr/local/lib/libgtkglextmm-x11-1.2.so
/usr/local/lib/libgtkglextmm-x11-1.2.so.0

Laterix
March 28th, 2007, 09:32 PM
Ok, it seems that I'm now alone with this problem. There is a bug report at launchpad. (https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gtkglextmm/+bugs)

Now, my question is. How do I compile and install this myself so that I can use it and not the one in the repositories?