PDA

View Full Version : What changes in dansguardian from strict to minimum filtering ?

glenn69
March 23rd, 2007, 02:45 PM
I am running ubuntu ce v2.2.

I have been having trouble downloading podcasts. If I stop firehol, the podcasts will download. If I leave firehol running the podcasts will not load. I am not having much success figuring out exactly why this is.

Dansguardian now has an enhanced gui in ce v2.2. If I change filtering to minimum, instead of the default of strict, then my podcasts will download with no other changes having been made to firehol.

What changes are made when I press minimum filtering as opposed to strict? I checked dansguardian.conf, but there were no changes made there.

Thanks

mysticrider92
March 23rd, 2007, 03:00 PM
You should probably check 'Blocked File Extentions' and 'Blocked Mime Types' in the Advanced tab of the GUI. Put a # in front of any line that blocks media (you may also want to not block archive types and similar things). I am not sure exeactly what the difference in the Strict/Minimum filtering is, mhancoc could answer that.

mhancoc7
March 24th, 2007, 01:26 AM
You can click the "?" button next to each filter setting to see what the differences are.
Jereme