PDA

View Full Version : cedega & City of Heroes

Voltaic Shock
March 21st, 2007, 07:03 PM
I have installed cedega to run CoH. I was able to get the updater to show up and actually hit accept to run the game, but after that nothing showed up. I am no longer able to get the updater to load with cedega.

Should I uninstall cedega along with the game and start over from scracth? Has anyone gotten this game to run with cedega. It's a supported game.

Thanks for the help!

Voltaic Shock

demonhunter
April 23rd, 2007, 08:46 PM
As I remember, Updater must be ran using wine since it doesn't work with cedega.
Try to update it using wine and then run cedega just to enter the game.

I remember that I used to do that when I was a COH player.

graabein
April 24th, 2007, 09:43 PM
Voltaic Shock did you get it to work? I dual boot with XP just to play games. If not for City Of Heroes (and later Age of Conan) I could wipe the wretched partition clean and go 100% GNU/Linux. Oh golly...

lordhebe
April 24th, 2007, 10:46 PM
Well I have no problems with city of heroes under cedega and the patcher does work. Make sure that if the file is called CohUpdater.new then rename it CohUpdater.exe. Also the game must be run in WIN 2k compatibility mode. If that doesn't work my advice would be reinstall the game and try again.

upchucky
April 25th, 2007, 12:21 AM
I got the updater to work....once.... I have an error that the help file says i must do this;....

cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_wmem ....which returns: 4096 16384 131072

then I am supposed to change the middle set of numbers to 32768 by doing this;....

sudo echo 4096 32768 131072 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_wmem
bash: /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_wmem: Permission denied

the above is supposed to increase my tcp window to stop the error.

when i.... sudo gedit /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_wmem ...there is nothing there.

I dont know why i get permission denied, nor do i know why there is nothing in the file they mention. any hints?

upchucky
April 27th, 2007, 11:33 PM
update, City of Heroes working fine with Cedega, wish the window was larger, it does not utilize my 17" display. plus i cant use the extra buttons in game on my 7 button trackball.
there are answers out there, just gotta find them!!

Voltaic Shock
January 29th, 2008, 05:17 PM
I had CoX running on my desktop, but then I updated Cedega and it stopped working. I am not sure why I can't re-install CoX on my desktop.

Artificial Intelligence
January 29th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Change the engine for the game (the engine you used before upgrading it).

Voltaic Shock
January 29th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Change the engine for the game (the engine you used before upgrading it).

I have tried different engines, but I am having problems actually installing the game.

Artificial Intelligence
January 29th, 2008, 05:41 PM
What about changing xp/win2000/w98 and see if it makes any changes. Have you checked their game list to see which engine have most stars?

Voltaic Shock
January 29th, 2008, 06:08 PM
What about changing xp/win2000/w98 and see if it makes any changes. Have you checked their game list to see which engine have most stars?

I have done all that, but I can try looking again and get back to you.

csills6776
January 14th, 2010, 06:59 PM
What was your resolution to the permission denied error? I am getting the same error.