PDA

View Full Version : Wine 0.9.33 + Steam + CS 1.6 won't work

dixon
March 21st, 2007, 02:54 AM
I can't get work CS 1.6 through wine 0.9.33 (I hope it's the latest one).

After first steam installation I can see in "my games"(after few seconds) offer to install CS 1.6, Condition Zero.... So I installed CS 1.6. After the installation is completed I can't launch the game :( Then after shutting and starting steam again the games are not in the "my games" any more. There's just Counter-Strike, but with status "Pre-load complete" not "Installed"

I've tried to reinstall wine several times and also CS 1.6 but with no result :(

Please help - I'm too lazy to reinstall windows just because of CS :(

steve101101
March 21st, 2007, 02:57 AM
The only thing with emulation (wine) is that it is very SlOw. I would think its way way way to slow to run counter strike.

Lystrodom
March 21st, 2007, 04:16 AM
The only thing with emulation (wine) is that it is very SlOw. I would think its way way way to slow to run counter strike.

Actually, Counter Strike can run fine in Wine, as evidenced by the scores of people who DO run Counter-Strike in Wine.

frodon
March 22nd, 2007, 01:22 PM
The only thing with emulation (wine) is that it is very SlOw. I would think its way way way to slow to run counter strike.You surely never tried to run counter strike with wine to say that because trust me or not but with my old computer (i don't use it anymore now) i had better performances running CS 1.6 in linux than in windows.
And now i'm running counter strike sources with wine and a good computer and it works quite well, the performances are enough good to play without any lag.

I can't get work CS 1.6 through wine 0.9.33 (I hope it's the latest one).

After first steam installation I can see in "my games"(after few seconds) offer to install CS 1.6, Condition Zero.... So I installed CS 1.6. After the installation is completed I can't launch the game :( Then after shutting and starting steam again the games are not in the "my games" any more. There's just Counter-Strike, but with status "Pre-load complete" not "Installed"

I've tried to reinstall wine several times and also CS 1.6 but with no result :(

Please help - I'm too lazy to reinstall windows just because of CS :(Where did you install Steam, i mean in which directory ?
I had this problem as well because i installed Steam on another directory than ~/.wine/c_drive/Program_files, so all i did is just make a symbolic link of my Steam directory in ~/.wine/c_drive/Program_files and run the game from here.

dixon
March 22nd, 2007, 02:56 PM
I've got it in the default directory
~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/

dixon
March 28th, 2007, 04:19 PM
I've tried to install&run it through the cedega & crossover and it's exactly the same situation as in wine - in windows it's working OK :\

Has anybody some idea what's going on?

UndeadDevil
April 15th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Did you manage to fix this problem? I'm having the exact same problem, using Cedega.

abowman
April 15th, 2007, 02:04 PM

I've got to say it:

(W)ine (I)s (N)ot an (E)mulator

dixon
April 17th, 2007, 10:08 PM
Did you manage to fix this problem? I'm having the exact same problem, using Cedega.

I'm still dualbooting :(

dixon
August 27th, 2007, 11:26 AM
Up. Any solutions?

dixon
September 3rd, 2007, 10:17 PM
Finally I've got a solution :) With the last steam beta, everything works fine. (Run steam -> settings -> beta participation -> change -> The steam community)

Qu4k3R
September 4th, 2007, 12:07 PM
Thank you .. I'm going To install it..

My fav game with my fav OS ...
Superb!