PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu ads, looking for help

lyceum
March 20th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Are you an Ubuntu geek? Have you ever wanted to be on TV or in a magazine? If so, this thread is for you.

I am working on a marketing website for FOSS programs. I want to put ads on the home page for people to view. These will most likely start as photos, then later move to full-blown ads. They will have a creative commons license so they can be freely used by anyone.

Right now I am looking for people in the Columbus area that would be willing to take a Saturday or two and help film these. This would not be until April or May.

A little more about the website:

When I first started learning about Linux/FOSS I had one burning question, “Right now I do X and I use X to do it, what program can I use now to do the same thing?” Wikipedia was a big help, but I took 3 months figuring everything out before really using Ubuntu so I would not get frustrated. That is a long time that I do not think most people would take. I am making this site to make FOSS look fun, easy and useful while providing information quickly to new users.

TheIdiotThatIsMe
March 21st, 2007, 01:47 AM
Sounds like a great idea, and I cant wait to see what you come up with. Makes me wish I was in Columbus :(

Seekker
March 21st, 2007, 06:37 PM
I agree that this is a great idea ... it's a great way to show 'ordinary' people that they, too, can step into the land of FOSS; it also is a way to educate people that FOSS is every bit as good [or better] than expensive propietary offerings.

lyceum
March 21st, 2007, 09:03 PM
Sounds like a great idea, and I cant wait to see what you come up with. Makes me wish I was in Columbus :(

I agree that this is a great idea ... it's a great way to show 'ordinary' people that they, too, can step into the land of FOSS; it also is a way to educate people that FOSS is every bit as good [or better] than expensive propietary offerings.

Thanks. I am not getting any bites as far as help goes, so I am going to do a mock up so people can see what I am talking about. I am wrapping up scholl right now, so I hope to have something to show in a few (3 or 4) weeks. It won't be anything great, but something worth seeing.

If anyone has any ideas to add or suggestions, feel free to throw them out. This isn't for a "how to" but more of "why you should".

o0splitpaw0o
March 23rd, 2007, 02:42 PM
Cenelerra is a full featured Video Studio solution for Linux. works. Tested

http://cvs.cinelerra.org/

lyceum
March 23rd, 2007, 03:54 PM
Cenelerra is a full featured Video Studio solution for Linux. works. Tested

http://cvs.cinelerra.org/

That's what I am planing on using. My wife is a photographer and my friend's dad is an indie film maker (very indie, but has worked on local comercials). I am a musitian and artist, so I fugured all we need now are more people to film so it isn't just the same people over and over. My wife is very good looking, but she already said "no, no and no" to being in front of the camara.