PDA

View Full Version : stop motion utility?

jbayone
March 17th, 2007, 04:24 AM
Does anyone know of a good stop motion program besides stopmotion? I've been having problems with it closing sporadically when I'm in the middle of something and there aren't that many features, which is good sometimes, but not now. I realize stop motion isn't like, super popular, but it's worth a shot.

yabbadabbadont
March 17th, 2007, 04:28 AM
You might look into gimp-gap. Although I'm not sure that it is what you are looking for.

jbayone
March 17th, 2007, 04:41 AM
Thanks, I'll try that out. What I'm really looking for is the ability to add hundreds of pictures to comprise a video, then add sound over it, and change the FPS.

yabbadabbadont
March 17th, 2007, 04:43 AM
Well, gimp-gap is a set of animation plugins for gimp, so perhaps it will let you do what you need.

donk
March 29th, 2007, 07:21 PM
You could try to install an application called 'stopmotion'.

Just type:

apt-get install stopmotion

at the command line or use synaptic.

I say you could try, because I get an error with the program - if you find any other similar programs please let me know.

RingoFyre
November 28th, 2009, 01:02 AM
gimp-gap - absolutely brilliant.

Ninja duck
March 25th, 2010, 02:59 AM
I have tried Stop Motion, and it works fine until I try to export video. I've tried all four options and they all fail.

BslBryan
June 18th, 2010, 01:00 AM
This thread is over three years old, and the original poster will probably never see this. gnarly_buttons, you can create a support thread in the General Help section if you like. Thread locked.