PDA

View Full Version : Voip conference calls

o0splitpaw0o
March 16th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Been looking at Gizmo project and I know people here use jabber, but I been using gizmo off and on for awhile. They have a Debian install. Works flawlessly. Just thinking the potential of this for those wanting to make voice conferences. I however not sure if conversations can be recorded and posted during meetings. That's because I have no one to call right now :)

Here's the link http://www.gizmoproject.com/download-linux.html

jpeddicord
March 16th, 2007, 09:21 PM
Gizmo is great. I actually used it when helping someone install Ubuntu over the phone. You can even get a free Call In number (but the number is a Nevada area code). Calling out to phones is 1 cent/min, and you get 25 mins free on an account.

Since I got a cell phone, I have not used it much, but I may again for some long-distance calls.

o0splitpaw0o
March 17th, 2007, 02:48 AM
Hey whats your handle on it?

jpeddicord
March 17th, 2007, 03:49 AM
I have no idea what my SIP number is, and I think I deactivated my 775 number. I think Gizmo allows you to go by usernames, so you can try jacobmp92. I will rarely be online though. :-P

o0splitpaw0o
March 17th, 2007, 04:04 AM
it workie! and was sharp too! I spammed your box. just delete them :")

jpeddicord
March 17th, 2007, 04:33 AM
The sound quality was pretty good, too.
Maybe I should get the use out of my Gizmo minutes that I have for the F2F system. I think I have 1000+ left at least. :-D

o0splitpaw0o
March 19th, 2007, 02:37 AM
I noticed it does have jabber support too. so a +

jpeddicord
March 19th, 2007, 04:16 PM
It would get bonus points if it became open source too. :-D

tshirtz1013
March 21st, 2007, 11:17 PM
although I get more use from GAIM recently, I was introduced to gizmo by my cousin, and have used it several times. I do like the conferencing ability, its good to talk to a group of family members, kinda like sittin down at the old dinner table.

at any rate, I am always interested in talking to fellow ubuntu users, so I just wanted to drop my name in on this post, maybe some others could follow suit and get some kinda fad going *heh*. I use the same name here as on gizmo.

Oh, and btw....I greatly agree if it went open source it would be that much nicer, but the same could be said about darn near everything.