PDA

View Full Version : After install Slow connnection

inetguy
March 7th, 2007, 04:25 PM
I love the CE version of Ubuntu! The only downside I can see is that with Dansguardian running, my network is slow even on computers NOT configured to use it. Is there something wrong with my setup? I have tried using Ubuntu with the Web Content Upgrade only and have used the CE version iso as well - both slow my connection on my network to just above dead. When I disable DG, the network speed is back up again.

Thanks for any help.

Dennis

doobit
March 8th, 2007, 05:16 PM
I love the CE version of Ubuntu! The only downside I can see is that with Dansguardian running, my network is slow even on computers NOT configured to use it. Is there something wrong with my setup? I have tried using Ubuntu with the Web Content Upgrade only and have used the CE version iso as well - both slow my connection on my network to just above dead. When I disable DG, the network speed is back up again.

Thanks for any help.

Dennis
Sounds like you may be having trouble with the tiny proxy. Use the Parental control panel to unlock Firefox and disable the proxy in Firefox by choosing direct connection to the internet in the Tools-> Options->Advanced->Network->Settings menu.