PDA

View Full Version : More about backtracking

FuzZy2006
March 1st, 2007, 03:42 PM
I've learned about backtracking, but i don't understand it. I moved from one class to another and the teacher explains everything in pascal, though i've learned c++ till now and want to stick with it. I searched on the internet but didn't find any place where I can find enough info about backtracking(only definitions, complicated examples, in my c++ learning ebooks i didn't find anything) ... Can you pls suggest me anything that would help? A site or ebook where backtracking would be explained well, from the beggining.

Arndt
March 1st, 2007, 04:49 PM
I've learned about backtracking, but i don't understand it. I moved from one class to another and the teacher explains everything in pascal, though i've learned c++ till now and want to stick with it. I searched on the internet but didn't find any place where I can find enough info about backtracking(only definitions, complicated examples, in my c++ learning ebooks i didn't find anything) ... Can you pls suggest me anything that would help? A site or ebook where backtracking would be explained well, from the beggining.

Do you understand the definitions you have found? If not, what is it that is unclear?

Have you tried googling for "backtracking tutorial"?

FuzZy2006
March 1st, 2007, 04:51 PM
theory is easy to understand. it is harder to use the method, and what i need is some examples that are explained.

Arndt
March 2nd, 2007, 09:29 AM
theory is easy to understand. it is harder to use the method, and what i need is some examples that are explained.

That's what "tutorial" means. You didn't answer my question: have you looked at those tutorials, and, if so, can you point to something in particular that you don't understand?