PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Education Team

TheIdiotThatIsMe
March 1st, 2007, 10:43 AM
I wanted to let you guys know the Wiki for the Education Team has been heavily updated. I have added updates on resource ideas, resources in progress, and a whole new section on contributing (so if you haven't yet, please do think about it! All help is greatly appreciated).

Enjoy :popcorn:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/OhioTeam/EducationTeam

hackle577
March 1st, 2007, 03:57 PM
Nice work!

lyceum
March 1st, 2007, 05:52 PM
Looks good! Do we have meetings? I read our goals, I am going to try to find a location for classes in the Columbus area, and start working on lesson plans and how-to pamphlets on installing Ubuntu (different methods). I think I am going to focus on the pamphlets first, but keep my eyes out for a location.

TheIdiotThatIsMe
March 1st, 2007, 11:55 PM
Looks good! Do we have meetings? I read our goals, I am going to try to find a location for classes in the Columbus area, and start working on lesson plans and how-to pamphlets on installing Ubuntu (different methods). I think I am going to focus on the pamphlets first, but keep my eyes out for a location.

I'm glad to hear about the interest! Right now, I dont believe any Sub-team has independant meetings; instead, anything that needs covered for any or all sub-teams is usually handled in the LoCo team meetings on Wednesdays (this allows the entire LoCo to voice their opinion, as well as keep all the work out in the open).

jpeddicord
March 2nd, 2007, 01:34 AM
I'm glad to hear about the interest! Right now, I dont believe any Sub-team has independant meetings; instead, anything that needs covered for any or all sub-teams is usually handled in the LoCo team meetings on Wednesdays (this allows the entire LoCo to voice their opinion, as well as keep all the work out in the open).

With th exception of last night.

:lolflag:

Seekker
March 2nd, 2007, 03:28 PM
This looks great ... I'm looking forward to seeing [and hopefully eventually participating in] how this pans out.

Wouldn't you know it, as soon as I get excited about the Ohio Loco group, and especially the Education Group, my schedule goes haywire ... between surgery on the 16h of March, my work schedule commitments have stepped up into overdrive ...

I will do my best to get to the IRC meetings as my schedule permits ... I'm really excited about this program ... and want to become a vital part of it.

Thank you for your consideration!

TheIdiotThatIsMe
March 2nd, 2007, 07:10 PM
This looks great ... I'm looking forward to seeing [and hopefully eventually participating in] how this pans out.

Wouldn't you know it, as soon as I get excited about the Ohio Loco group, and especially the Education Group, my schedule goes haywire ... between surgery on the 16h of March, my work schedule commitments have stepped up into overdrive ...

I will do my best to get to the IRC meetings as my schedule permits ... I'm really excited about this program ... and want to become a vital part of it.

Thank you for your consideration!

Hi Seekker! I've approved your membership as part of the Education Team (welcome aboard!). I understand about time restraints, and there is no hurry. I hope the surgery goes well! And dont let work run ya over ;) Hope to see you this upcoming Wednesday (it's the official meeting for the month).

Vorian
March 3rd, 2007, 04:41 AM
With th exception of last night.

:lolflag:
shhhh

Seekker
March 3rd, 2007, 05:02 PM
Hi Seekker! I've approved your membership as part of the Education Team (welcome aboard!). I understand about time restraints, and there is no hurry. I hope the surgery goes well! And dont let work run ya over ;) Hope to see you this upcoming Wednesday (it's the official meeting for the month).

Thanks so much! Greatly appreciated ... I'm going to do my best to be there Wednesday ...in the meantime, I'm idling in the Ohio irc channel so I won't miss anything!

Seekker
March 3rd, 2007, 05:03 PM
shhhh

Guess you had to have been there, huh?

hehehe

lyceum
March 3rd, 2007, 06:54 PM

Sounds good. I am still learning the protocols/how everything works, etc... for me Ubuntu is a full time job, so as I try to get things done I do not want to step on any one's toes :) I am not sure if thing get assigned, or if people just do them or etc... I am still getting use to the idea working online with people and trying to stay organized. I feel like I just started a new job, but didn't get to watch the training video :)

TheIdiotThatIsMe
March 3rd, 2007, 08:49 PM
Sounds good. I am still learning the protocols/how everything works, etc... for me Ubuntu is a full time job, so as I try to get things done I do not want to step on any one's toes :) I am not sure if thing get assigned, or if people just do them or etc... I am still getting use to the idea working online with people and trying to stay organized. I feel like I just started a new job, but didn't get to watch the training video :)

The funny part is, in all the jobs I've worked I've never watched a training video. I guess they were just too lazy to get around to it.

As for the protocols, there really aren't protocols. For the Education Team, it is mostly organized through the Wiki currently, with participation through the Wiki, Forums, IRC, mailing lists, and of course personal email between members. Dont worry about stepping on anyone's toes here, the Ohio LoCo group is the friendliest bunch of people I've ever had the pleasure of working with. Just be yourself, be courteous, and have fun.

TheIdiotThatIsMe
March 3rd, 2007, 08:51 PM
Thanks so much! Greatly appreciated ... I'm going to do my best to be there Wednesday ...in the meantime, I'm idling in the Ohio irc channel so I won't miss anything!

A lot of activity does happen in IRC, although mostly in the meetings. There are a lot of times when there are people in there, but there is also often not. I know Vorian and myself both frequent the room in the evenings. A lot of discussion is done through the mailing list and personal emails, along with the forums. Definitely make sure you sign up for the mailing list as I often send emails and ideas and updates through there.

Cant you tell this is my favorite smiley? :popcorn:

Seekker
March 5th, 2007, 04:54 PM
A lot of activity does happen in IRC, although mostly in the meetings. There are a lot of times when there are people in there, but there is also often not. I know Vorian and myself both frequent the room in the evenings. A lot of discussion is done through the mailing list and personal emails, along with the forums. Definitely make sure you sign up for the mailing list as I often send emails and ideas and updates through there.

Cant you tell this is my favorite smiley? :popcorn:

lol, nothing wrong with the fav smiley! :)

In any event, I've already signed up for the mailing lists ... been getting those for about a week or so now ... so, I guess I'm good ... :)