PDA

View Full Version : I want to donate, but..

deception
May 24th, 2005, 12:41 PM
I really would like to donate 25 to Ubuntu Forums. But as things stand, I won't be able to for another two years :( I am only 16, and family members do not trust putting their own details through the internet, so I can't borrow their details for a paypal account. I do own a Visa Electron Debit Card though, but is there no other way to donate money?

I also have no cheques available :(

Ubuntu haas given me much satisfaction with linux, I just wish to repay you all for your hard work!

jasmuz
May 24th, 2005, 04:20 PM
I really would like to donate 25 to Ubuntu Forums. But as things stand, I won't be able to for another two years :( I am only 16, and family members do not trust putting their own details through the internet, so I can't borrow their details for a paypal account. I do own a Visa Electron Debit Card though, but is there no other way to donate money?

Ubuntu haas given me much satisfaction with linux, I just wish to repay you all for your hard work!
Hold your horses mate....keep on helping us with the guides for new people and solving problems....that is a good payback...remember we are a comunnity!

XDevHald
May 24th, 2005, 11:08 PM

Indeed, we already have Donators that are giving to UbuntuForums and we respect them VERY much for that title as well, but it's always great to help out here or there if you would like to. :)

We appreciate your concerns and respect that you care a lot about UbuntuForums and the Community!

JonahRowley
May 24th, 2005, 11:16 PM
Well, you could always donate-by-proxy, give someone the cash and have them donate. But as the others said, there are plenty of ways to "donate", respond to forum posts, ask interesting questions, keep interesting debate going, file bug reports, etc, etc, etc.