PDA

View Full Version : New edition for Feisty Fawn?

Beastboy26
February 21st, 2007, 04:21 AM
Just was wandering if Ubuntu CE is going to have a new version after Feisty Fawn is released? Also does anyone have some ideas to add to Ubuntu CE? I was thinking that having a daily verse on the desktop in addition to the firefox extension would be nice??

mhancoc7
February 21st, 2007, 09:23 AM
Just was wandering if Ubuntu CE is going to have a new version after Feisty Fawn is released? Also does anyone have some ideas to add to Ubuntu CE? I was thinking that having a daily verse on the desktop in addition to the firefox extension would be nice??

Yes, once Feisty has been released all development will be focused on what will be Ubuntu CE v3.x (Feisty). This version will replace the current Ubuntu CE v2.x. (Edgy). The Ubuntu CE v1.5.x (Dapper) version will continue to be maintained as long as Dapper is still the LTS release of Ubuntu.

I have tinkered with adding a Daily verse to the desktop. The problem that I have run into is getting it to work in the LiveCD. I only add items that work completely out of the box in the LiveCD and after installation. For example the dansguardian filtering is preconfigured and turned on by default in the LiveCD and after installation.

Thanks, Jereme

digitalpure
March 6th, 2007, 07:37 PM
I have just gotten the CE up and working, and I say KUDOS to you all. I tried for along time to get dans guardian to work properly (still new to linux)....

I cannot wait for the new fiesty upgrades to Ubuntu, and to see them ported into fiesty...

I recently repointed my repositories to fiesty, and installed the new gui for dans,a nd it all worked for a day, and then hosed hard..... Ohh well that is the fun of owning computers, and trying to play with them all the time.

Again, thank you for the awesome work and keep it up.... My wife and I appreciate it, and we talk all the time about this project.... I just need to update my website now to tell people to only use the CE version.:KS