PDA

View Full Version : Benefits of Ubuntu CE

chadders
February 19th, 2007, 12:59 PM
I'm Agnostic, but despite my choice of religion I would like to open a thread that commends the creation of Ubuntu CE.

First and foremost, Linux is a great OS and the introduction of a Christian OS (remembering that a large majority of people are Christians) is opening these people to a world of free software. Secondly it allows Christians to have programs they would use included as default and they wouldn't need to download the software after the installation of the OS.

Please feel free to add further benefits Ubuntu CE.

ntaylor0909
February 19th, 2007, 04:37 PM
In my opinion, the inclusion of DansGuardian is the key feature of Ubuntu CE. I have heard it can be a challenge to implement, and it works great in UCE.

Medieval_Creations
February 19th, 2007, 04:47 PM
In my opinion, the inclusion of DansGuardian is the key feature of Ubuntu CE.

I too looked to CE because of DansGuardian. I think that it's a great tool for content filtering without having a proxy server. I demo it to my family whenever I get the chance so they know there are tools out there to help monitor what my cousins are doing on the net.

I also have been trying to get my mom converted over to Linux and since she does participate in bible study, I think a lot of the tools that come with CE will be to her liking.

dustyken
February 19th, 2007, 06:34 PM
I agree about DansGuardian. I waited to install Ubuntu until I had a good copy of CE because of it. It is one of the main reasons I went with CE over any other build.

doobit
February 19th, 2007, 07:52 PM
I agree about DansGuardian. I waited to install Ubuntu until I had a good copy of CE because of it. It is one of the main reasons I went with CE over any other build.

Dansguardian is an awesome program to have, but UbuntuCE has a lot of other great inclusions too. Take a look at the UbuntuCE installer in the administrative tools menu.