PDA

View Full Version : CE is truly a blessing!

eric_n_va
February 17th, 2007, 09:28 PM
I just wanted to drop a quick note to say how great it is to be able to load Ubuntu Christian Edition. I recently made the switch to Linux and was considering giving Ubuntu a try. CE made it an easy choice. I've been using it for about a week now on my Toshiba laptop and it has worked flawlessly. I've particularly enjoyed reading in The Early Church Fathers Collection. Thanks for all of the hard work and time you've put in! It is greatly appreciated!!

mysticrider92
February 17th, 2007, 09:48 PM
Just a tip. There is a really cool theme pack you might like that is really easy to install. The website says they "suggest Ubuntu Christian Edition, but that the standard Ubuntu will do just fine."

Here is a link (http://parker1.co.uk/satanic/)

Now I am really confused. Why is there a link to Ubuntu CE from that site? Or is that theme pack just some kind of joke?

To the op: Awesome! It's always nice to hear from new Ubuntuers (probably not a real word, but who cares). :)

mhancoc7
February 18th, 2007, 12:56 AM
I just wanted to drop a quick note to say how great it is to be able to load Ubuntu Christian Edition. I recently made the switch to Linux and was considering giving Ubuntu a try. CE made it an easy choice. I've been using it for about a week now on my Toshiba laptop and it has worked flawlessly. I've particularly enjoyed reading in The Early Church Fathers Collection. Thanks for all of the hard work and time you've put in! It is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks for your kind words. I am glad to here that you are enjoying Ubuntu CE.

Just a tip. There is a really cool theme pack you might like that is really easy to install. The website says they "suggest Ubuntu Christian Edition, but that the standard Ubuntu will do just fine."

Here is a link (http://parker1.co.uk/satanic/)

Don't be a jerk!

Now I am really confused. Why is there a link to Ubuntu CE from that site? Or is that theme pack just come kind of joke?

That "Satanic Edition" is sort of a joke. I am not sure how seriously the original developer takes it, but it appears to just be a way to even the score a bit.

Jereme

Soarer
February 18th, 2007, 10:13 AM
Well, I think it is great that Jereme has created a distribution which has encouraged someone to come to Ubuntu. More power to you, Jereme. And I hope eric_n_va isn't put off asking for help on here by the unnecessary (IMHO) comments.

I am not a CE user, but I can see it's value. I don't use KDE either, but I'm glad they both exist to suit people who want what they offer.

As for eric_n_va, remember there is more rejoicing in heaven over one repentant windows user... :)

aysiu
February 26th, 2007, 05:12 AM
I've moved the tangent/flamebait posts to a closed thread in the Backyard.

mhancoc7
February 26th, 2007, 08:23 AM
I've moved the tangent/flamebait posts to a closed thread in the Backyard.

Thank you.

Jereme