PDA

View Full Version : Going From Ubuntu to Ubuntu CE

Motoxrdude
February 14th, 2007, 04:36 AM
Hey, I am going to be installing Ubuntu CE here shortly. I just have a few questions. What exactly is different about it besides the bible software and parental controls? And all my old ubuntu programs will work with CE right?

Good job all you devolopers who made Ubuntu CE! I'm glad to see people putting there time to something for God.

):P

mhancoc7
February 14th, 2007, 05:16 AM
Ubuntu CE is basiclally a customized Ubuntu. It is, at its core, Ubuntu. There were a few programs removed, but they can all be easily reinstalled using the built in Ubuntu CE Installer.

You can also use the convert_me script to convert your existing Ubuntu to Ubuntu CE.

God Bless, Jereme

Motoxrdude
February 14th, 2007, 05:17 AM
O ok thanks. I just got done downloading the Ubuntu CE iso but it was corrupt so ill give the script a shot. Can you give me a link or some direction as to where to get it? Thanks.

mhancoc7
February 14th, 2007, 05:23 AM
O ok thanks. I just got done downloading the Ubuntu CE iso but it was corrupt so ill give the script a shot. Can you give me a link or some direction as to where to get it? Thanks.

Was the corrupt iso from the Secondary mirror? I am working to get it fixed now.

You can get the convert_me script at the download page for either the Dapper or Edgy version of Ubuntu CE.

www.mirror.christianubuntu.com

Just scroll down the page and you will see it.

Jereme

Motoxrdude
February 14th, 2007, 05:26 AM
Yuep, secondary mirror.
Thanks, ill tell you how that goes.
God bless!

Cool, it works! Thanks, I appreciate it.