PDA

View Full Version : Slogan Attempt: U Ubuntu?

Geekboy
February 11th, 2007, 01:05 AM
This slogan just came to me and I thought I would throw it out there. I am not a PR person or a Graphic Designer (as you can tell by the image I whipped up in GIMP), but I really like this idea.

I thought it was simple, to the point and catchy (is that a word??). I guess it could be "Do U Ubuntu?" or something like that, but I like this.

Anyway, let me know what you think.

Nikron
February 11th, 2007, 01:07 AM
I really really hate it when people change you to u, but that's personal preference. I realize
"you ubuntu" doesn't have quite the same look though =P

Geekboy
February 11th, 2007, 01:11 AM
Well, that's actually the point though.

slimdog360
February 11th, 2007, 01:15 AM
So long as you like it is all that matters. That is to say I dont like it.

Bragador
February 11th, 2007, 02:10 AM
What about:

I Ubuntu.
What about you ?

jeffc313
February 11th, 2007, 02:12 AM
Ubuntu: Take it as a threat, better yet, a promise.

Tomosaur
February 11th, 2007, 02:33 AM
Dobuntu?

Nikron
February 11th, 2007, 03:17 AM
Dobuntu?

Brilliant, make it a contraction Do'buntu

moeFinley
February 11th, 2007, 03:33 AM
I think it should be a micky take of the Vista campain

WOW no spyware!
WOW no viruses!
WOW and it's free?

Adamant1988
February 11th, 2007, 04:20 AM
This slogan just came to me and I thought I would throw it out there. I am not a PR person or a Graphic Designer (as you can tell by the image I whipped up in GIMP), but I really like this idea.

I thought it was simple, to the point and catchy (is that a word??). I guess it could be "Do U Ubuntu?" or something like that, but I like this.

Anyway, let me know what you think.

Ubuntu goes under "Linux for Human Beings". Unfortunately, I hate that slogan with a passion. I'll see if I can come up with something better though..

banjobacon
February 11th, 2007, 04:35 AM
Yes, "catchy" is a word.

kevinf311
February 11th, 2007, 05:44 AM
This is a horrible example, but I only spent like 5 minutes on it. Combines the first image with the actual word "you."

If somebody knows the font that is used off the top of their heads, then I'll crank out a more polished version.

Phatfiddler
February 11th, 2007, 05:56 AM
You 'buntu?

kevinf311
February 11th, 2007, 06:30 AM
Like this?

Phatfiddler
February 11th, 2007, 07:05 AM
Very Good. Its a very interesting wordplay, since the pronunciation is similar to the real word, "Ubuntu." I'm sure theres a technical name for it; I'm sure one of the spelling Nazis will know exactly what I am talking about:popcorn:

You Ubuntu sounds like you're studdering or something

Yoo oo boon too

NewOldTimer
February 11th, 2007, 07:18 AM
correct me if this is wrong..Ubuntu, pronounced /ùbúntú/ (oo-BOON-too) found here...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubuntu_(ideology)

Edit - sorry here it is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubuntu_%28ideology%29

moeFinley
February 11th, 2007, 12:46 PM
All these Ubuntu word plays are fun but messing with the corprate logo and name weakens the branding.

Look at the big UK and global brands. The only companies that corrupt/play with their logo are ones that want to seem fun and playfull like kids toys.

rai4shu2
February 11th, 2007, 12:55 PM
The question is, which one makes you want to use Ubuntu?

insane_alien
February 11th, 2007, 01:32 PM
i've always thought that ubuntu should be yodeled. it just has that kind of sound to it. make a good advert.

Geekboy
February 11th, 2007, 07:31 PM
This is a horrible example, but I only spent like 5 minutes on it. Combines the first image with the actual word "you."

If somebody knows the font that is used off the top of their heads, then I'll crank out a more polished version.I like that. I think it works.