PDA

View Full Version : Maya 8.5

dckirba
February 10th, 2007, 10:32 PM
Hello all,

I was going through Maya 8.5's system requirements and Ubuntu is not one of the supported OSs. I just finished downloading Fedora Core 6, but that's not on the list either. Core 5 is though.

Ok, here's the question: I don't want to spend another week downloading Fedora Core 5, does anyone know if Maya works in Ubuntu?

Cheers,
David K

%hMa@?b<C
February 11th, 2007, 01:33 AM
Hello all,

I was going through Maya 8.5's system requirements and Ubuntu is not one of the supported OSs. I just finished downloading Fedora Core 6, but that's not on the list either. Core 5 is though.

Ok, here's the question: I don't want to spend another week downloading Fedora Core 5, does anyone know if Maya works in Ubuntu?

Cheers,
David K
where can I download MAYA? sorry that i did not answer your question .

dckirba
February 11th, 2007, 08:04 AM
Hi,

Maya is commercial. They have a personal learning edition available for download, but not for linux. The actual product though, is available for linux.

And I found the answer to my question here:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=66859

Cheers,
David K

outtony
March 1st, 2007, 01:21 PM
make sure, that you will do

sudo ln -s /usr/autodesk /autodesk

before installing (not included in maya 7.0 how to)

kreme-karamel
March 3rd, 2007, 05:24 PM
I gave up on trying to get Maya to run on Ubuntu - after a couple of days of tearing my hair out attempting everything I could think of, I switched to Red Hat and everything ran without a hitch. Since Autodesk compiles Maya for Linux under RHEL, I think you will find that it runs best under this flavor OS.