PDA

View Full Version : How to create alsa .deb-packages?

uli_bru
February 9th, 2007, 11:21 PM
Hello,

I would like to get the newest alsa sources as a .deb package which would allow me to use e.g. Synaptic for installation/deinstallation.

So I have started with
* downloading and unpacking of e.g. alsa-driver-1.0.14rc2.tar.bz2 in /usr/src/alsa by

sudo tar -xvjf alsa-driver-1.0.14rc2.tar.bz2

* change dir

cd alsa-driver-1.0.14rc2

* preparation

sudo ./configure --with-kernel=/usr/src/linux-headers-$(uname -r) --with-cards=all --with-sequencer=yes

* then I tried

sudo dh_make --createorig

and selected library (or is multibinary or kenel module the right choice?)

* the next step was to try (after editing debian/control and renaming the package name to alsa-driver-test)

sudo fakeroot debian/rules binary

but this ended with warnings like
dpkg-gencontrol: warning: unknown substitution variable ${shlibs:Depends}
dpkg-gencontrol: warning: unknown substitution variable ${misc:Depends}

Please accept my playing around without knowing in detail what I'm doing. But I'm very new to this and I simply tried to follow some wikis. Anyway it allows me (hopefully) to ask more precise questions.

Can someone tell me what is the right sequence to build the alsa software (driver, lib, lib-dev, utils ...) as usable packages for Ubuntu ?

Uli

pompeyjohn
March 1st, 2007, 12:54 PM
*bump*

I would love to know this as well.

bracc0
March 9th, 2007, 12:17 PM
*bump*bump*
We're in three now!

Claudio

2161warrior
March 15th, 2008, 04:50 PM
Although this is an old topic, some newbies might find it interesting to know that you can easily add source to synaptic and create a deb file just by entering:

sudo checkinstall

instead of:

sudo make install

You'll probably want to enter some details about the package if it's for community use, but you really don't need to. Also, the order goes:

alsa-driver, alsa-lib, alsa-utils.

Vorian
March 15th, 2008, 07:07 PM
If want to make a real debian package, then read this guide.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PackagingGuide

It all starts with dh_make :)

pt123
March 18th, 2008, 03:11 AM
Although this is an old topic, some newbies might find it interesting to know that you can easily add source to synaptic and create a deb file just by entering:

sudo checkinstall

Thanks

alain57
December 3rd, 2008, 03:29 PM
i did one with dh_make
but there is no kernel module in the deb, so it's useless :(

i then did one with checkinstall, but there are 2 problems

first : there is only a module for the current used kernel (and i use preposed, so my kernel is not the same like all other... so my deb will be useless for all people who don't have preprosed sources)

is there a way to include ALL kernels on my system ?

second : i need to install the deb with "dpkg -i --force-overwrite" because their is an other kernel module that have the same name... is there a way to do the replace automatically, without command line